Lazy pescatarian/vegetarian meals

Options
reversetinman
reversetinman Posts: 14 Member
I cook a lot at work and sometimes I'm very lazy to cook at home. Any ideas for a lazy person to eat?! Haha

Replies

• learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I like to buy the no salt added cans of 6 bean medley and put some of those on a pita with hummus or other garlic/greek yogurt sauce , and throw some rice on the side.
    You can make a soup up once every few weeks and always have a few bowls in the freezer ready to go.
    Quinoa or cous cous salads can be made in bulk- and quickly with beans/dried fruit/pumpkin/sunflower seeds.
    Im also a serial snacker. I love rice cakes and hummus or spinach dip.
    I made stuffed peppers last night there were surprisingly quick and easy.
  • ajmiller1987
    ajmiller1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Another bean recipe: use either a blend as mentioned above or mix a few different types yourself with some other vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, bell pepper, onion, and tomato...maybe some herbs like cilantro, then as a dressing use just a quick vinaigrette of citrus juice and olive oil.
  • nitikajain1
    nitikajain1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Take half a cup dried white peas and soak them.in water over night. Put them in a pressure cooker and stop after two whistles. When you put them in the cooker dont add much water! After the whistle blows twice, drain the water. Add chaat masala (optional) 2 tablespoon onion or more if you want, tomato, greenchilli, black pepper(very little), grated ginger. You can also check out sanjeev kapoor's matra recipe. Everything here is optional. I don't add tomatoes or ginger but the recipe has it. Add the ingredients in lower quantity and add more if you feel like. :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I love fast rice and beans. I make a pot of quick rice, throw in cans of beans and tons of veggies. Pick whatever beans or veggies you have on hand. It always tastes great ! Fast and easy and tasty
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Beans and rice are great. One of my fave meals which I think would fit in pescatarian is cajun seasoned baked tilapia, rice, black beans, and a green (usually raw cucumber or steamed broccoli). The tilapia is thawed (I use a quick thaw in water) then coated with oil (1/2 tbsp olive oil usually) and sprinkled with the cajun seasoning and I stick in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Canned beans with pre-cooked rice, sardines or tuna, frozen stir fry, pita pizzas, pasta with frozen veggies, wraps or salad
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Real easy: 1 can chick pea, 40 grams of each: onion, peppers and 2/3 tomatoes. Chop onion and peppers really fine, cut tomatoes in medium chunks. Thorough was chick peas to remove sodium, place in food processor and pulse for quickly 4 times.

Place 1 tbs olive oil in saucepan, pour in onion and pepper mixture along with chopped tomatoes. Let simmer for 5 minutes, then add crumpled chickpeas. Simmer for a couple of minutes. Pour onto plate and sprinkle with grated cheese. This will keep you full for at least 3-4 hours.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is to slice eggplant and roast in oven. Top with marinara and Parmesan cheese. Salad with vinaigrette on side... Easy breezy!
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    pizzas made with a flat bread. chuck some tomato sauce, veg, cheese on top and in the oven. I use veggie bacon too
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Eggs - omelettes, scramble, poached, however you prefer yours. Serve with salad/veggies and bread/toast.

Easy steam fish and veggies - handy to keep in the freezer for when time is short, microwave in the bag in minutes.

Crock-pot meals - takes a bit of prep to chop veg and open cans of beans but once it's in it cooks itself and only leaves one pot for washing up. Make a large batch and freeze in portions for later use or to eat through the week.