Having Bad Day

Options
TODAY SUCKS!!! I have no energy or appetite
Force myself to eat this morning, I normally hit the gym on my down time from work but it's just not here today. It's still early for me got one more shift then maybe about 5pm. Has anyone been here this make my 3rd week & iam so determined to lose these pounds..

Replies

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    A rest day isn't something to feel guilty about. Maybe you just need one!
  • Jboo7825
    Jboo7825 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I rest Saturday due to death in my family but got up yesterday & did a nice walk outside bcuz gym was closed yesterday.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are coming down with something. Maybe dehydrated (this is often what causes me to feel crappy). Chin up and keep going. The first couple of weeks were the toughest for me, then it became easier. Drink lots. Of course I am assuming that your nutrition is solid. Good luck.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    When I am feeling down and not wanting to exercise, I tell myself "don't think, don't think" over and over until my workout clothes are on and I'm out of the house.
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A rest day may be the best thing for you, especially if you've been working out a lot. Maybe take a day to relax on the couch with some tv, or do something else you enjoy. If you still want to stay moving, maybe try out a new exercise. When I can't bring myself to go to the gym but know I at least need to get moving, I do blogilates vidoes on youtube or go for a walk/run. Good luck!
  • FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You will face more of these hard days as you continue to lose weight. Think of them as a hurdle....either jump right over it and move on, or trip over it, pick yourself back up and move on. Whatever you do, don't just stand there and let it block you.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Jboo7825 wrote: »
    I rest Saturday due to death in my family but got up yesterday & did a nice walk outside bcuz gym was closed yesterday.

Sorry to hear that.

Nothing wrong with a schedule, but sometimes our bodies have their own schedule and part of living at peace with your body is listening to it when it makes a reasonable request (mine just piped up with how about listening to my craving for a pint of ice cream, that would be a not reasonable request!)
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    In order to go the distance you need to do things that will allow you to go the distance! Meaning, forcing yourself will not really do you well in the long run. One thing I really appreciate was my brother telling me when I started running was that there would be days when it just would not happen and that it is okay! The reality is that the process of losing weight/getting healthy is a lifelong process and while you may not realize it life gets in the way sometimes. Saturday was not a rest day!

Sometimes I just can't get it together in the morning, I might try and get a workout in later but if not that is okay, if you don't have an appetite, at least try to eat something for your health or to at least keep up your energy. Maybe tomorrow you will be up to it, and if so make it count :#
  • JESS96921
    JESS96921 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news. I hope you're okay. Don't beat yourself up on having days where you just feel a bit... Bleurgh! I have had lots and just did little but often... have still managed to lose a stone so you will definitely be able to too :) take care of yourself!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    Jboo7825 wrote: »

The weather has changed here in Massachusetts and it is beautiful out. I am hoping to leave work promptly tonight and get in a walk in the woods.

When my dad died last year I lost motivation for a while.

dc91e8287b6182348242afa1295cfea6.jpg
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It's a bad day - we all have them, you aren't alone :)
    Just go with it and wake up tomorrow with a fresh mindset! These things happen!
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Eating fresh fruit might also lift your spirits! Instead of one serving of fruit, try like 5 some night... That's something that helps me when I'm feeling super down. :)
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I hope that today is a better day! Your slate is wiped clean each morning!
  • kcb00749
    kcb00749 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hope it gets better! Maybe I can help motivate you. Feel free to add me!
  • Jboo7825
    Jboo7825 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support & motivational words of encouragement..I'm up feeling a little better but yesterday was a bomber all around for me, just the unexpected with life..I'm hoping that a little light shine for me today. Again Thank you I know iam not along on this journey that I set out for myself. .
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about the death in your family. I'm sure that has something to do with your current mood. My prayers go out to your family. Take some time, greave if you need to. This is a marthon, not a sprint. Take rest when you need to so you live to fight another day. Some days you will fight it every step and others you'll be ready at the word go. It's alright, tell yourself you're in this for the long run.
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body just needs a break! Take it easy and I bet you'll start feeling better :)