Insanity

Options
Hey MFP Fam,

So, today is my 22nd day of Insanity, and I'm going to admit, Im so ready to quit! I love it, but I hate it at the same time! I'm not sure what my issue is....are any of you feeling like this too!?!?!?!?

Replies

• thomasbf
    thomasbf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes! But, I stuck with it out of my refusal to quit. I think once you get through the first month, and start doing new DVDs some of the bordem might wear off. Maybe? I still mix in the DVDs at least once per week, becasue really nothing beats the heart-pumping I get from Insanity.
  • CarrieLincoln
    Options
    Hey there!

Are you enjoying the program or are you starting to get bored? How are your results so far? You are almost done with month 1!! Don't quite now!! The first month is getting you ready for the Real Insanity workouts, month 1 is all about muscle memory and building strength. Month 2 will provide some AMAZING results!!! You are to close to quite on yourself! I am loving my definition in my arms and legs from this workout!! It is tough and lots of repetition but sooooo worth it!!

Also, did you get the delux set or the basics. If you got the delux set how about adding in the Sports Interval Training or the Weight Training ones? They are a BLAST!!! Maybe start adding in some P90X a couple times a week?

When I am feeling down or just not into it I try to find way to make it exciting again like adding in other programs into the mix. I also try to stay focused on my end result/goal. Hang before/after pics up around my house...
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It is a grueling workout, but it's very rewarding. Last summer after I finished Insanity for the first time was also the first time I ever saw my obliques. It was worth it for me. It was hard on my knees, but I've found that my knees were just weak. They are much stronger this time around with Insanity.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Are you enjoying the program or are you starting to get bored? How are your results so far? You are almost done with month 1!! Don't quite now!! The first month is getting you ready for the Real Insanity workouts, month 1 is all about muscle memory and building strength.

Also, did you get the delux set or the basics. If you got the delux set how about adding in the Sports Interval Training or the Weight Training ones? They are a BLAST!!!

When I am feeling down or just not into it I try to find way to make it exciting again like adding in other programs into the mix. I also try to stay focused on my end result/goal. Hang before/after pics up around my house...

Hi,
    Im enjoying it a lot, and i'm not going to quit, but, i just feel like even with a round of p90x under my belt, im still not in tip top form as i should be? maybe, i am just in a rut right now!?!?!
    thanks for the input!

I heard month 2 is more intense, and when you see better results, so i'm looking forward to that!
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what your issue is either. Although I have a good guess. With P90X you have a good mix of weight training along with cardio, although the cardio from Insanity is a lot harder than from P90X even the Plyo from P90X isn't anything compared to Insanity. I love what I am doing now. It is combo of both. Here is a link to the schedule, I was doing something close to this on my own, but found this online. I am now in "rest" week just before part 3. I really like it seems to break up all the tons of cardio you do with Insanity. Try this out and see what you think.

http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents/p90x_insanity_hybrid_workout_schedule.pdf

You can add me as a buddy if you want...be glad to help out if needed...
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Really Elaine!? Maybe I'm just lacking on not being strong enough!? I mean, I have always had really strong legs!? I'm gonna push play and dig deeper!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    It's boring for one and maybe you just need to take a break. You've been going pretty hard for a while, correct? Month two more intense = big understatement:wink::wink:
  • LittleD311
    Options
    It's boring for one and maybe you just need to take a break. You've been going pretty hard for a while, correct? Month two more intense = big understatement:wink::wink:

oh man....im gonna be doomed! LOL....yeah, i have...I took an entire week off from doing anything after i finishd p90x!
  • LittleD311
    Options
    *** I dont know why this got posted twice....sorry!!!!! **********
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Really Elaine!? Maybe I'm just lacking on not being strong enough!? I mean, I have always had really strong legs!? I'm gonna push play and dig deeper!

I hope that you can stick with it. I honestly don't think I could have gone through the program without a workout partner. But you know there are many of us here that are going through it with you and rooting for you.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    I'm not gonna give up, if I do, I'll be so upset with myself...I've come too far to be a disappointment! Yes, it is hard without a workout partner, but , its all the more reason why i gotta do this! THANK YOu!!!!! your the best!