daily allowences? i'm new and need some help!

Options
Hi can some one please tell me is it important to eat your full reccomend calorie allowence per day or if you eat less is it likely to speed up weight loss?

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    You can eat less, but it's a good idea to stick to it. If you eat less, it's possible that you're going to eat too little for a while and then slingshot (or yo-yo) off course --- get too hungry and overeat.
    Don't eat past feeling full, but try tos tick close to your calories as often as possible, is my recommendation!
  • Pinkwaxx
    Pinkwaxx Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks. That makes sense!! I love how everything works on here!! x
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You should eat the daily allowances that MFP suggests for you. Eating less than that will leave your body needing fuel and can slow metabolism over LONG periods of time...When I stayed under calorie goals..my weight loss slowed and stopped. When I stayed at goal or minimally above...I continued to lose. It also depends on what goal you set for yourself. IF you set to lose 1 to 2 lbs each week...eat those calories...if you set yourself for the healthiest goal of a half pound a week..by all means you can eat a little but under without hurting yourself. Welcome to the site.You will do fabulous on here. The thing to remember is making each choice a choice about benefitting your health..not about becoming "skinny". You can eat and become a healthy weight!
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat your full allowance. This is your energy and fuel you need for your body to run efficiently. Think of it as gas in your gas tank. Your car cannot run farther than the gas that's in your tank. Same as your body. Eventually, you will bonk, then binge! Good luck. :)