Cinema next week......

Options
.....and I hear sweet popcorn is stupidly calorific, and I'm going late at night.

What would you eat if you were going? Cause I can't not eat anything ehehe

Replies

• lisapickering
    Options
    I would workout before I go... burn lots of calories and then go and get a small popcorn... and love every bite of it!!
  • zoezoe4
    zoezoe4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    if ur going to be sneak just back your own popcorn. if u make it at home with the kernals then it will be a less lot calories.
  • emmaphillips
    Options
    take my advice.... go prepared! theres nothing healthy at the cinema snack place so maybe take little bags of chopped fruit that u can get from supermarkets or a bag of healthy popcorn like the stuff you get from 'pret a manger' if you know that place? x
  • amaczu
    amaczu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I go to the movies every Friday...but when I'm there I don't eat ANYTHING! I eat lunch right before I go so I'm not hungry at all! Have a healthy snack before you leave!

Orville Redenbacher makes 100-calorie bags of popcorn...try stuffing a bag of that in your purse if you must! But just remember you can't eat food that you don't have...so don't bring anything and don't buy anything!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I usually take a diet pepsi or a coffee. Nothing there is worth the calories in my opinion
  • elektradarling
    elektradarling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! Well I usually burn 300-400 calories at work, and I'll prob have a quick dinner when I get home before I go, maybe I can allow myself a small popcorn O_O I don't know LOL

I wouldn't know the first thing about making it, ZoeZoe, but thank you for the idea.....

Hmmmmm maybe the willpower will be enough! Or just a bar of chocolate instead, as I allow chocolate on my calories anyway.

Well done you guys go go and don't have anything, I used to go more for the popcorn than the movie hahahah!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have been to the movies twice since being on MFP for 3 weeks. i get a diet pop and have popcorn without added butter. it is only about 100 to 300 calories depending how much you are eating. I share a medium size with my fiance. If you are going to grab chocolate instead you are going to just eat more calories.
  • lottybirley
    Options
    Why don't you take a few packets of caramel snackajacks!- tastes just as good as popcorn but consists of a lot less calories! :D
  • elektradarling
    elektradarling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    good idea lottie!!!