Lunch & Snacks!

Options
raeleegayle
raeleegayle Posts: 1 Member
I'm in need of some easily prepared lunch and snacks to take on the go. Trying to lose weight and do not know what to take to work for lunch.

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've been eating 2 hot pockets for lunch every day. They're filling to me, and ~550 - 600 calories for lunch fits perfectly into my calorie goal for the day.

As for snacks, I like Chex Mix, Sunflower Seeds, canned fruit, dry Cheerios, and Nature Valley protein bars. You just have to make sure you're carefully logging, and that it fits into your goals.
  • MargaretPinson
    MargaretPinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lean cuisines are a great option if you can watch your sodium for the rest of the day. I personally put 6oz lettuce/salad and 1 tbs bacon bits in a vacuum bag. And in little containers I put 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese and 4 oz boiled chicken and whEn it's lunch time I just mix it all up. Huge salad for less than 300 calories and packed with protein. For snack I like the Dannon 80 calorie Greek yogurts
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I take a serving of dinner and pack it for lunch the next day. Sometimes I will put it in a wrap for a change of pace.
    This container is really handy.
    ydb-015_1z.jpg
    I will wrap up something crispy like crackers or chinese noodles, a little protein like nuts, cheese, or shredded chicken, and I have myself a great salad on the go.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I have gone to a dollar tree and gotten a sandwich container. I can make various sandwiches esp. meat and cheese. try not to use fillings which get soggy= but can make PBJ, egg salad , meat fillings. They also have soup containers.
  • miasgandy
    miasgandy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Something quick and easy for me is to make 3 turkey roll ups (butterball deli turkey (25cal per slice) 1 laughing cow wedge cheese (35 cal)with strips of orange or yellow bell peppers(maybe 10 cal) sugar free jello cup (10 cal) 100 cal pack of nuts. Read the Dash Diet for weight loss. It has great ideas and has helped me tremendously.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I've been taking veggie quesadillas lately. Great if you have a toaster oven to reheat, but I'm also fine with eating them cold. (It might just be my love of spicy salsa. . .)

Pita pockets with a little hummus, sliced turkey, spinach, cucumber, and radish. About 5 minutes of slicing and stuffing. Easy.

Soup, an apple, and cheese.

• tyracorbyn
    tyracorbyn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wrap cucumber in turkey lunch meat along with mustard. Usually pair that with a little bit of cottage cheese. I also buy the pre packaged mixes vegetables add that to some cooked cubes chicken its a really fast stir fry. I usually just add Cajun seasoning for flavoring as I'm trying to stay away from dressings and sauces. Also I really like banana paired with a little bit of peanut butter
  • abrooks54
    abrooks54 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My lunch is always 3 or 4 of the following, combos varying on what sounds good that morning when I pack it

Cottage cheese
    String cheese
    Sliced raw veg ( red peppers, English cucumber, cherry tomato, radish)
    Hummus
    Sun dried tomato wheat thins
    Deli meat
    Apple banana or berries
    Kind Bars
    Raisins
    Graze snacks
    Fage and granola
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    For pre-packaged foods I like:
    Reduced Sugar Uncrustables 190cal
    Cambells Soup on the Go 120cal
    Cliff Bars 240cal
    Bistro Salads 190-250cal
    Lean Cuisine
  • trystalb
    trystalb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Healthy Choice meals that I get from the grocery store. The one I had yesterday was 330 calories and included crusted lemon pepper fish, broccoli, rice and some type of Apple crisp stuff. It was actually delicious!!
  • Brimode01
    Brimode01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your guys ideas sound good
  • Brimode01
    Options
    I'm in need of some easily prepared lunch and snacks to take on the go. Trying to lose weight and do not know what to take to work for lunch.

• Brimode01
    Options
    I have an idea for nacks
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    Cliff Bars 240cal
    Bistro Salads 190-250cal
    Lean Cuisine

Meianna Lee,

I did not know about reduced sugar Uncrustables! I love Uncrustables and will have to look for the reduced sugar variety. 190 calories is not too bad. Thanks!

70044776.png

• elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    GreenValli wrote: »
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    Cliff Bars 240cal
    Bistro Salads 190-250cal
    Lean Cuisine

Meianna Lee,

I did not know about reduced sugar Uncrustables! I love Uncrustables and will have to look for the reduced sugar variety. 190 calories is not too bad. Thanks!

70044776.png

I have a ten yr old who used to love those. Check the label and ingredients. Hate to ruin a good thing but I was pissed when I saw hydrogenated oils (trans fats) in ingredients. That was years ago. Hopefully they've smartened up. Cuz those were yummy.
  • harlotoscara1
    harlotoscara1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Looking for easy on the go lunches for work! HELP!!
  • wonderwallis
    wonderwallis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse so healthy and easy lunches can be difficult. Lately I've been making chicken salad with shredded breasts, Greek yogurt and chopped peppers, spinach, celery and green onions. Works great in a gluten free wrap!

Quinoa stir fry is another good and easy one. I usually add ground turkey, loads of mixed veggies (frozen can be used to save time chopping), add an egg while cooking and put in a bit of quinoa. It tastes great with a homemade teriyaki sauce so that it's lower in sodium.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I make a homemade soup every Sunday for lunch during the week. It's a great time to clean up and use the veggies in the fridge.
  • shondaj70
    shondaj70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I pack almonds, almond butter and celery for snack, or the caramel almond and sea salt kind bars for a snack. For lunch its broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes, a boiled egg and a pouch of salmon. i squeeze lime juice over the veggies and salmon and it's really tasty. today i steamed the broccoli for something different.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    shondaj70 I like your choice for lunch going to try it