Stronger, Better, Faster Challenge January 6th

Options
Morning, everybody. . .

Yesterday I started back in the strike office after having the nerve to take three days off last week. So, I spent yesterday cleaning up many, many messes, and pondering how in the heck a strike can possibly last for two months? (!)

Today, I'm going to try to either go to the gym (out of the office by 5:30) or do shred (out of the office after 5:30). I think if I set a goal to leave at 5, I might be out of there by 5:30. . .:noway:

Also, my goal is to drink water and EmergenC all day, because I have an ear infection. If I still have it tomorrow morning, I'm going to the Dr. Ugh.

I'm so far doing very poorly at my other goal for the day: to stay positive, so I'll start on that now.:tongue:

Take care, everybody!

Oh, and Mary, to answer your poll from yesterday. . .I'm torn between the two. Somedays, I would rather eat mindfully, and some days I'd rather eat vegetables mindlessly. . .I do find I've gotten very, very good at eating "non-diet" food like sweets and good restaurant food mindfully. I ordered cheesecake on my last date night for dessert and could only eat half of it. Ironically, I find that the better something tastes/the richer it is. . .the less of it I eat. Maybe my secret to being skinny is to go on an all butter diet.:tongue:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning, everybody. . .

Yesterday I started back in the strike office after having the nerve to take three days off last week. So, I spent yesterday cleaning up many, many messes, and pondering how in the heck a strike can possibly last for two months? (!)

Today, I'm going to try to either go to the gym (out of the office by 5:30) or do shred (out of the office after 5:30). I think if I set a goal to leave at 5, I might be out of there by 5:30. . .:noway:

Also, my goal is to drink water and EmergenC all day, because I have an ear infection. If I still have it tomorrow morning, I'm going to the Dr. Ugh.

I'm so far doing very poorly at my other goal for the day: to stay positive, so I'll start on that now.:tongue:

Take care, everybody!

Oh, and Mary, to answer your poll from yesterday. . .I'm torn between the two. Somedays, I would rather eat mindfully, and some days I'd rather eat vegetables mindlessly. . .I do find I've gotten very, very good at eating "non-diet" food like sweets and good restaurant food mindfully. I ordered cheesecake on my last date night for dessert and could only eat half of it. Ironically, I find that the better something tastes/the richer it is. . .the less of it I eat. Maybe my secret to being skinny is to go on an all butter diet.:tongue:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Aw, V, I am sorry the strike is still going on AND that you have an ear infection. I will pray for you and for the strike situation. Take care of yourself!
    I am sore this morning so that's a good sign. Although two months ago, what I did yesterday would not have made me sore. For some reason the back of my thighs are sore. I did push ups, sit ups and laundry yesterday. Go figure. I did not drink all my water either. I don't know why. I just wasn't thirsty. I will try better today.
    Today is:
    clean house more
    go for a walk or Shred depending on weather
    drink my water
    paint
    watch The Biggest Loser
    Have a blessed Tuesday!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    update:

Just finished shred level one. Decided essentially that part of why I'm cranky at the office is because I'm thinking "jeeshhh. . .I'm not even going to get to work out today." because I get stuck there and can't make it to an afternoon yoga class or the gym. Took control of that by getting the workout in early. (I was up already anyways. . .)

:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: 2.5 hours yoga, 20 min elliptical, 25 min walk. Today: elliptical & walk/jog. I was going to try to do yoga 4 days in a row to see how I felt, but it turns out we are so busy this week, husband and I wouldn't have a night together before Friday. I also need to finish a book for my book club on Thursday night. Next week I'll go to the 7:30 yoga at my gym.

Anyone catch Oprah yesterday? I saw the first 15 minutes - it was pretty good.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    WTG Vivia, getting that work out in this morning! Good for you!
    :bigsmile:
    MM
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Well...just got back from one of my classes. I have three classes (which is more than a full load because the semester is only 6 weeks long!!!) The nice thing is my classes are broken up a little more than last time so I can actually get on a decent schedule to eat without having to bring snacks to school (the thing that put me overweight in the first place :grumble: ) I think I'm going to take a short nap...I wasn't ready to get up this morning due to taking two weeks off :laugh:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Is Biggest Loser starting up again?

I am adding in some more exercise to see if I can get some of this fat around my thighs and butt gone! I am also drinking a lot of water, so I'm going to the BR all of the time! I'm hoping to try a cardio/kickbox class tonight if my scheduling lines up correctly. I'm also going to try a new yogalates class on Thursday evening. That will be in addition to my 5 days a week in the morning - weights, spinning, etc. I got some new workout stuff to have at home so I can get some more exercise in on the weekends when I don't go to the Y. I'm also hoping that some of my buddies will meet me for tennis this weekend while my children have their tennis lesson. At some point all of this working out is going to get me where I want to be!:drinker:

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I made it to aerobics last night, and MAN, was it crowded! I wonder how long that will last after the new year... :tongue: Today is pushups, eating well, project work and actually calling my advisor to touch base (I'm cowardly about that sort of thing).

Mary, I never see Oprah but I saw the cover of her magazine the other day - the headline was "How did I let this happen again?" and there was a picture of her previous super-fit self next to a presumably more current and somewhat less fit picture. It said the article was a 'must-read' (of course, how else are they going to sell magazines?) for anyone who had gained back weight. I didn't pick it up, but I was curious. I like your new kitty picture, btw.

Bobbie, have fun at cardio/kickboxing! We had a substitute teacher for one of my regular aerobics classes who did that style, and it was a really high-intensity workout. Vivia, I'm sorry that the strike is still going - is there an end in sight?

Take care, all! :flowerforyou:
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    CP: My 5:45 a.m. spin class was full yesterday and today! That has not happened since I started going in August! The instructor even gave up her bike yesterday, and the bike we now call the "orange monstrosity" is even getting used. Gotta love the new year! :happy:

Bobbie
  • cwalbrj
    cwalbrj Posts: 61
    Options
    I went to the gym after work last night and it was PACKED. Could not get near a machine. Left and went home and did a workout DVD...
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Got to do the cardio kick class. It was great!! Except, well, I think I peed a little. :embarassed: Um, anyone else had that problem? Anyway, it was a great workout. My new HRM is absolutely possessed. Said I burned 1,036 calories for 50 minutes. MFP gave me 400 and something. I went with the MFP number. Not sure what the deal is with my HRM. Everything is entered correctly, but it definitely gives me insane calorie burns. So, I just chuckle when I look at the calorie numbers and stick with the MFP numbers. Let me know if you've encountered the "P" problem and if there is anything I can do about it other than wear a panty liner. I actually have my yearly physical tomorrow, and I'm going to ask my doctor about it.

Have a good evening, everyone!:flowerforyou:

Bobbie
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    Let me know if you've encountered the "P" problem and if there is anything I can do about it other than wear a panty liner. I actually have my yearly physical tomorrow, and I'm going to ask my doctor about it.

Have a good evening, everyone!:flowerforyou:

Bobbie

I don't know if you have tried "Kegel" exercises. They work. You can google it.

I don't know how old you are or if you have given birth, both those things influence bladder control. Sorry boys.....:blushing:
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    44 and two babies at 35 and 36. Just starting to have this situation. Of course, I don't think I've done high impact since the boys were born. :sick:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Bobbie, I sympathize; only I'm peeing at 28! :blushing: Kegels are my only hope for bouts of sneezing & serious laughter. Not too many problems while working out though.

So it's a dreary, flood-watch day here in the mountains... didn't want to workout until I got on here and realized there is still hope if I do 45 min to an hour on my gazelle, and it's not even 10, so plenty of time. Again, thanks you guys for being here. Guarantee I would have gone after food instead if I hadn't checked in :happy:

Everybody hang in there through January. Your gyms should thin back out in the next couple weeks!
    :flowerforyou: