Nights and Weekends--No Control!!

Options
I'm relatively new to My Fitness Pal and haven't exactly given 100%. I do well throughout the day because I make sure to log foods and calculate what I can eat and can't eat. But then nights and weekends come, and I can't seem to stick to anything, Anybody have any pointers on how to keep track of foods during the times when you arent at the computer? I also haven't mastered the site. I feel like I have to exercise everyday to keep within my daily goal. Otherwise I'm negative! And if I do exercises that arent cardio, they dont add calories to my daily food intake. HELP!!

Replies

• klmccl05
    klmccl05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new to My Fitness Pal and haven't exactly given 100%. I do well throughout the day because I make sure to log foods and calculate what I can eat and can't eat. But then nights and weekends come, and I can't seem to stick to anything, Anybody have any pointers on how to keep track of foods during the times when you arent at the computer? I also haven't mastered the site. I feel like I have to exercise everyday to keep within my daily goal. Otherwise I'm negative! And if I do exercises that arent cardio, they dont add calories to my daily food intake. HELP!!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Log in your food ahead of time...plan out your meals. Since you have the computer during the day this will help. Keep track of it on paper too!

I've been here a couple months and I still have good days and bad days...it's all about starting over the min you fall (not three days later :laugh: )
  • stacyk
    stacyk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Nights are my downfall. I have this awful mentality that says if I goof once that I have to wait until Monday to start all over. You can see how this could get me into trouble. :tongue: I think pre-thinking what snack to have in the nights/weekends is the key and to not let yourself get hungry. That's when my chocolate cravings set in. Or for those sweet cravings, buy some good choices like little jello containers with cool whip. I know it's not a blizzard but it might be enough to stave off a total binge of Ben & Jerry's. Whatever exercise you are doing counts! It might not show extra calories but you know it's doing something and is better than sitting idle. Glad you are on this sight. Looks like there is a ton of support!
  • klmccl05
    klmccl05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thats my problem exactly! I'll screw up one day and say "Oh I've already messed up, I'll start again Monday morning!" I know better but I'll still say that. Thanks for the advice!
  • fionais
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, I was really good all day yesterday, then after tea I had to eat some of the cakes that were in the fridge. I use my mobile to log on if I'm not at the computer, not sure if you have a mobile with internet?

Also, I feel that the weekends are for relaxing so as long as you're good during the week it's not such a big deal if you slip up at the weekend. I used to go to the gym for a heavy workout on a Saturday morning so that made me feel good for the whole weekend and not guilty if I had a pizza.
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am with you guys, every day feels like a struggle when you want to see the progress immediately! I had to force myself to work out today and even though I only logged in 15 minutes, it was better than nothing at all.

Come to these boards when you are feeling like crashing or blah, I find it helps me out tremendously!!! Thanks everyone that posts!!