Lacking motivation.... Suggestions?

Options
Hi I joined my fitness pal to hopefully get suggestions on getting motivated and how to maintain the motivation. I can't seem to get started. Advice will be appreciated.

Replies

• dfwheeler63
    dfwheeler63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You just have to start. I found scheduling my day the night before and incorporating exercise time is key. Plan meals as well. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I had forgotten how good I feel when I workout and plan my meals to be healthy and nutritious. Find someone you admire who is doing what you want to do and emulate them. Use them as a role model. Hope this helps. You don't want to be 6 months from now wishing you had started. Just take action.
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Everything I was going to say, was said by dfwheeler. Take it one day at a time.
  • LisaGRoberson
    LisaGRoberson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am packing my healthy lunch before I go to bed. It is the best way for me to start the day in a motivating way. This is almost a gift to myself each morning. If I skip this step, I run out of time in the morning and I end up grabbing the wrong foods that are easy to grab. If I see my healthy lunch in the fridge each morning, it reminds me to stick with the plan! I am also talking to a coworker as an accountability partner. That is also a huge help! Good luck!!!
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well, maybe I didn't do it right, but I started with logging and nothimg else for the first couple of weeks just to see how my nutrients were. Then I started making adjustments to balance carbs/protein/fat. And the weight started coming off - 12 lbs so far, 45 to go. Then I increased my exercise because I feel so much better after I do it.

In the beginning it seemed like there were so many things to do, and I couldn't decide what to do first. Almost everyone here will tell you it's important to log and be brutally honest when you do.

Be gentle with yourself. You CAN do this.
  • ktmcqueen18
    ktmcqueen18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice so far!
  • lalapnk
    lalapnk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've always been unmotivated on everything, embraced about what people might think seeing me. Laugh and stuff. Start out walking. I just started too. I know it sucks but just imagine how awesome you will feel when you reach your goal!!