The winter

Options
Ffr57
Ffr57 Posts: 36 Member
As an avid outdoorsman I used to love all 4 seasons. The past two winters up here in New England have finally changed my view. Anyone else hate the winter? I am actually getting depressed just thinking about it. Sun is setting at 6:00 PM now!

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    ^^^same, from Alabama. I'm getting re-energized thinking about it.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The older I get (41 now) the more I hate any extreme, weather wise. I want mid to upper 60s all year. The humidity and insects here in the Mid-Atlantic just make the summers nasty. We don't have too bad of winters but still, I like to be outside with my telescope at night with the clear, still, non-humid air of winter but I just can't tolerate it like I used to.

ETA: OP, given the horrendous winters the NE has had of late, I totally understand your hatred. :)
  • Ffr57
    Ffr57 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    98 degrees and I can see what you mean. Supposed to get down into the upper 30's in northern New Hampshire tonight.
    Kami from the mid Atlantic, only been there once. Past through their many times.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I can't wait, I want to go snowboarding!

63324638.jpg
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian. It means I get to skate outside. I like it. Maybe not in April and May but Typical winter months are nice.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm in Minnesota and looking forward to winter. I'll be able to drop these last ten pounds. I like it to get dark earlier too, I sleep so much better.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the new time change schedule but here in California we really need a long wet winter - though I hate the rain :o
  • AutumnFREESPIRIT
    AutumnFREESPIRIT Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I love it. I live in Daytona Beach and look forward to snowboarding at Brekenridge every year.