creatine

Options
2»

Replies

• BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Some people say they gain 5 lb or so, but I'm not sure because I've been taking it for 5-6 years in one form or another hah. Monohydrate has been the most widely studied type and is cheapest. Try to get 5 grams a day post workout.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Some people say they gain 5 lb or so, but I'm not sure because I've been taking it for 5-6 years in one form or another hah. Monohydrate has been the most widely studied type and is cheapest. Try to get 5 grams a day post workout.

Doesn't matter when you take it really... as long as you consume the creatine mono.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    jmule24 wrote: »
    Ethyl ester is more efficient, so you need less of it and its faster acting hence the premium.

News to me.....happen to have any studies showing the difference between Monohydrate vs. Ethyl ester???

Less efficient in terms of absorption rate, which does not mean any more effective once your body has reached the correct levels of saturation. It can also mean less bloat from those who are affected by it.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/southfacts_cee.htm

If you wnat actual studies then just google them. I found a few but they are a bit dry and long. That article links a few as well, but it explains the difference in a more readable way.

Ethyl Ester is not better.

Go check out the bodybuilding.com supplement forum where just about everyone takes creatine in monohydrate form.

Bloating is a non-issue unless you're 3-7% bodyfat and in competition.

Did you bother to read what I wrote?

Yes, none of that applies since you are arguing a moot point.

Neither does this...
    Ethyl ester is more efficient, so you need less of it and its faster acting hence the premium.

Stick with monohydrate form.

I dont believe I said it was better as in more effective. Its just you who jumped in and decided thats what you wanted me to have said.

FTAOD I use mono when I use it and am fine with it. Feel free to invent something else though.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

And again, my studies pointed out that your claims are false........
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    micronized is best though because regular monohydrate bloats me

Sorry mate..... that is all mental there. They are processed exactly the same in your body..... micronized was simply made to make it dissolve better into liquids.....that is all......
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    micronized is best though because regular monohydrate bloats me

Sorry mate..... that is all mental there. They are processed exactly the same in your body..... micronized was simply made to make it dissolve better into liquids.....that is all......

Yep.

One is crystallized. One is powdered.

Same ingredient. Any difference is all mental.

Regardless, you shouldn't "feel" anything from normal Creatine supplementation.
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    Options
    kev6686 wrote: »
    Creatine is intracellular retention, so it's actually inside the muscle you hold water, more specifically inside of your cells, this is where ATP occurs. This will give you more endurance, slightly better strength and overall better performance.

12 weeks on

1 week off

Repeat.

In my opinion one of the best value supplements on the market.

^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

also I use the cheap stuff and it seems to work as well as the more expensive kind

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

News to me.....happen to have any studies showing the difference between Monohydrate vs. Ethyl ester???

Less efficient in terms of absorption rate, which does not mean any more effective once your body has reached the correct levels of saturation. It can also mean less bloat from those who are affected by it.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/southfacts_cee.htm

If you wnat actual studies then just google them. I found a few but they are a bit dry and long. That article links a few as well, but it explains the difference in a more readable way.
    I googled the studies:
    http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/#summary1-5
    Creatine ethyl ester increases muscle levels of creatine to a lesser degree than creatine monohydrate.[70] It may also result in higher serum creatinine levels[71] due to creatine ethyl ester being converted into creatinine via non-enzymatic means in an environment similar to the digestive tract.[72][73] At equal doses to creatine monohydrate, ethyl ester has failed to increase water weight after 28 days of administration (indicative of muscle deposition rates of creatine, which are seemingly absent with ethyl ester).[74]

Creatine ethyl ester is more a pronutrient for creatinine rather than creatine,[72] and was originally created in an attempt to bypass the creatine transporter. It is currently being studied for its potential as treatment for situations in which there is a lack of creatine transporters (alongside cyclocreatine as another possible example).[75] Its efficacy may rely on intravenous administration, however.

Direct studies on creatine ethyl ester show it to be less effective than creatine monohydrate, on par with a placebo.[70]

Creatine ethyl ester is 82.4% creatine by weight, and thus would provide 8.24g of active creatine for a dosage of 10 grams.[66]
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Following.. great information!