Bang for my buck

Options
So I am starting to add more workouts to my day. I am so going to need to eat more. I am also breast feeding. Anyhow I want to know for those of you know nutrition and what is best. The trainer I work with swears by palio. One of my teachers swore by south beach. I don't really want to restrict myself to a certain "diet." I want to just eat right. What are some food that are going to give me energy, good fats, good cals that are going to provide me with good sources and help me with the punishing I will be giving my body to help it recover well. Give me some good stuff!! I know I need to add more leafy greens, but what is a good recovery. Oh the trainer I work with now says that the sweet potato baby food is one of the best recoveries. Don't know if I can tap into that-blech.

My workouts were Mon-Thurs very intense bootcamp/crossfit type training for 1 hour.
Adding on:RIP 60-about an hour, it is a suspension system-like TRX
Also going to the gym with a friend 3x/week and doing elliptical for 30 mins.

Replies

• Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nutritionist but I've heard about (and thoroughly enjoy) the good fats in both peanut butter and avocados. The Eat This, Not That people also said something about chocolate milk (I think) in relation to workouts. Not super helpful, I know.
  • shinypinkpolish
    Options
    I started to eat clean recently following the eating plan I read in the book "This is why you're fat" It's really helpful for a diet noob like myself as she pretty much lays out plans and some fat burning foods she suggests are oatmeal, eggs, avocados, peanut buttery and whey protein shakes. Along of course with the normal fruits/veggies and nuts or lean meats if you eat meat.