picking myself up .. help needed

Options
A week away from my ex partner inflicting physical abuse to me, I'm left at rock bottom and would appreciate some help please..
He often told me how fat I was, spitting and poking my tummy telling me that I would never meet anyone. Last weekend he kicked. punched and dragged me along the floor.

Replies

• HoneyFils
    HoneyFils Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hope u left him. No one deserves that. Get out n get healthy. What u think of URSELF is more valuable then what anyone else thinks or says.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you have gotten away from him because that's not okay .
    If you are looking for help regarding weight loss,you're in the right place! For weight loss, all you need is a calorie deficit . eat less then you burn, and you'll lose weight
    You can do this!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Really happy you are calling him your ex.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Wow. Well, 1st things 1st, I hope you are physically located so that he no longer has access to you. If not, please make that your absolute #1 priority.

Having said that, hi. Welcome to MFP. Feel free to ask questions, lurk, make friends, or whatever.
  • missmorrissey
    missmorrissey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied. My intro was half completed, I'm struggling to understand things at the moment and tend to be able to talk about the whole experience of knowing him in short bursts.. I am here for support in losing weight, I shall be doing it for me, but also to get confident for the day when I have to stand up in court face to face with him. I think the reflecting on how he's destroyed my confidence is worse that the living through it and now I am in touch with the family and friends he, without me knowing really, kept away from me. The police have been amazing at explaining to me that he is a 'type of character'.. a psychopath ..
    So, I'm here to better me and it seems a good place to start. Thank you again
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on losing this absolute waste of space. I have an awful lot I could say about this despicable excuse for a man but I'm not going to give him the time of day - I'm here for YOU. Don't lose weight because someone told you to.

I'd suggest giving yourself some breathing space first and foremost before you try and change who you are. Your self esteem has taken an almighty battering and I think it would be best to heal emotionally before you enter in to something like this (The weight loss process can be heavy going at times).

I really wish you the very best of luck in recovery
  • HoneyFils
    HoneyFils Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I couldn't applaud u anymore then I am right now! Congrats on losing the largest amount of weight u will ever lose and never find again!!! The rest I'm sure will just fall off as u go thru this journey of finding and loving u! Best of luck to u girl! Wish many other women were as strong as u in those type of situations. I'll be praying for u!
  • brendamikesell
    brendamikesell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are strong, you will love yourself. You will because you have taken the first step. Getting to a goal is making right choices everyday. The everydays add up to change. Along the way when you see the progress you have made you will be more confident, stronger and proud of yourself. God bless you. I'll be praying for you.