Stuck at 52 kg

Options
I'm on a weigh loss since April and I already have lost about 8 kilos. I was 60 kg and my goal is to reach 48kg (I am somehow sort, 1,55 m) . Lastly I was stuck at 52kg and despite the fact that I continue the same diet , it becomes harder and harder to lose weight as I get thinner. Hopefully, I am going to start going to the gym , so I guess that this might help me. Until now I ride my bike and go for running almost every day. Do I have to do any other changes? I don't want to starve myself ,neither spend a lot of hour in a gym. Any ideas?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    You are already at the lower end of the healthy BMI for your height, it may be that you don't have sufficient excess body fat to lose..and to lose more weight would see you lose muscle not fat.

Do you have access to a reliable method of measuring body fat?

What exercise are you doing at the gym?
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the slower you lose. Track your weight over a number of weeks, and as long as there's a downward trend, you just need to learn patience. You *want* it to be slow at this stage, as with less fat, if you lose too fast you will definitely be losing lean body mass rather than (mostly) fat.

Trust me, I'm in a similar boat, and am having to learn patience, and to feel good with much smaller losses.
  • nikol_xix
    nikol_xix Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can't measure my body fat as the only thing I have in home is a scale, so I can see my weight. I know that my weight is normal but I'm not satisfied with the results, as there are some "fat zones"that insist , like a small belly and buttocks. I would like to continue aerobic like running and bicycling, but at the gym I'll use some weights and do abs to tighten my hole body.
  • nikol_xix
    Options
    Katem999 I guess you're right, I have lots of patience, as I make this effort half a year and I'm going to keep trying until I have not only an "ideal" weight, but also a strong body. The only thing a need right now is some tips, as I'm going to start gym and if I have to change something in my diet ,like gaining more protein etc
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the longer it takes, unfortunately :)

I'm on my last 7 lbs and it's definitely sloooooowing right down now! You're doing absolutely fine, hang in there.
  • timberflake
    timberflake Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The more you lose the slower it will come off, nows the time to track macros as well as calories, and weight train in the gym. You want a good level of protein to retain lean muscle and by weight training you may find that the scales won't change but your body composition will
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Sigh..... I wish I could get stuck at 52kgs. I've been alternating between 72 & 69 for the last couple of weeks
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You are already at the lower end of the healthy BMI for your height, it may be that you don't have sufficient excess body fat to lose..and to lose more weight would see you lose muscle not fat.

Do you have access to a reliable method of measuring body fat?

What exercise are you doing at the gym?

No. That would be 44-45 not 52. I seriously double OP really needs to lose more weight, but she is not close to underweight
  • nikol_xix
    Options
    Well, I'll keep trying and I hope that the gym will change my body composition
  • nikol_xix
    Options
    I definitely need to loose more weight, a first goal is 48kg and after that ,step by step I'll hit an "ideal" weight
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    nikol_xix wrote: »
    I definitely need to loose more weight, a first goal is 48kg and after that ,step by step I'll hit an "ideal" weight

I would suggest you add some strength training to your exercise routine before reaching the low end of healthy BMI, give it a few months, then see how you look and set final weight goals. Aim for a whole body routine. Either some sport that involves whole body, like martial arts, or try a class for whole body strengthening, like pilates, or work on your own on strength training, with free weights, resistance bands, bodyweight or whatever else works for you.
  • yummypotroast
    yummypotroast Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm almost in the exact same position as you right now! It takes a lot of patience for people like us since weightloss has to be done slowly without it becoming dangerous. Strength training is a great idea, as we are nearing a weight range where body recomposition is more suitable for health and aesthetics rather than simple weightloss.

I remind myself daily that being healthy is my top priority and even with a slow rate of weight loss, I am improving myself every day. :)