craving chocolate

Options
I just started my new fitness regime today need to lose at least 12lbs, have been trying to do so for the past 6 months but am having no luck at all. So far the day has gone well but I am craving a bar of chocolate something shocking please is there anybody out there suffering like me I need help!!!:laugh:

Replies

• thinkthin1234
    Options
    Have 1 oz of dark chocolate! I love the dark hershey bar with almonds, they have it almost everywhere! Break it into 3 pieces and eat one when you are having a craving.
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am always craving sweets, ALWAYS! I let myself have something sweet everyday because I know if I deprive myself it will just lead to overeating. I have been trying to stick with chocolate almonds cause I figure at least the almonds have protein and I can eat them slower!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    really dark chocolate is best. cocoa powder in a smoothie or something is good too. just remember to have it in moderation.
  • MsMadmagic
    MsMadmagic Posts: 66
    Options
    Hiya

Im feeling v. hungry tonight also. I'm waiting for some frozen fruit to defrost to have with yogurt. I know it's not chocolate but its sweet. How about a light drinking chocolate for you fix. I would get some low fat choccy mouses in for days like these. I know its no help no though :grumble:
  • chmie662
    chmie662 Posts: 31
    Options
    Whenever I start craving chocolate I'll eat one of those Fiberplus Bars in Dark Choc Almond, Sugar Free Jello in some chocolate flavor, or Ben & Jerry's half baked. They seem to get the job done without runing my diet. Hang in there!!
  • cassy027
    cassy027 Posts: 7
    Options
    Try the new Skinny Cow crisp chocolate bar. It's delicious.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hershey's makes sugar free chocolate mini's (the litle candy bars). They are every bit as yummy as the regular, BUT you can only eat 2 at a time or you will have a run to the potty type of reaction. It's a great built in limit for the yummy little buggars!
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Vita Tops keep my craving satisfied, at 100 calories per serving. SO GOOD. :)
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I second the chocolate almonds, and they have 100 calorie packs of those! I'm having a craving today and have already planned for 1 serving (3 pieces) of my favorite-Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares with caramel with dinner tonight. This is an improvement over my old habits in which I would have destroyed nearly the whole bag of squares just cuz I wanted to. All things in moderation!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    So have the best chocolate you can buy enjoy the smell and every single bite and move on. I do this with hot fudge sundaes when I need one I go to cheesecake factory imo they serve the best and if I'm going to have a sundae only the best will do. That way it isn't a quick fix at dairy queen or some other cheap quality ice cream place. I make a decision to have one and I get dressed, put on make up and drive ten miles down the road and I dont have any regrates when I have my yummy hot fudge sundae.
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth so I always make sure I have enough calories left for some icecream (my weakness). Its my workout motovation. Its been said but dark chocolate is better then milk, and try and keep it in moderation. Good Luck!!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Don't totally give up on cravings. They will become smaller. I usually get a real chocolate bar in this case, but I just buy one. I know if I buy those mini things I will splurge. You can get the other things like pudding or what not, but what is going to make that craving go away is to just go buy one bar-work it into your cals and after you have it you will be satisfied.
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    allow yourself a little bit of chocolate every day, its the only way i can do it, i lost 20lbs over a period of about 6mnths (maybe more, i don't remember) and the only way i got thru it was by not making any foods illegal. as long as i worked them into my calorie allowance, i was allowed what ever i wanted, be it chocolate, crisps, chips, pizza, anything. i just have to make sure i eat well the rest of the day. and if you have a bad day, just use it as motivation to do better the next day. dont give up, ever! i also allowed myself a few extra calories at the weekends, so that i could go out for dinner without worrying too much about what i would be able to eat. i allowed myself on average an extra 200-400 calories a day at the weekend, granted i didnt always use them, but it was a good buffer to know that if i was invited out to lunch or dinner i could go without panicking about calories. good luck to us all :-) xx
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    I like the 100 calorie packs (if you can eat one and then stop). :)
  • dhammond5
    dhammond5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like dark chocolate covered blueberries, I keep a bag in the house. I eat a handful and then the craving is gone. They are 180 per 1/4 cup, but I can only eat half that so it's really only 90. I have also found 100 calorie kudos bars in snickers and m&m flavor. I find that I can have something sweet everyday as long as I portion control the size. If I didn't my diet would have broken months ago.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Can you like dark chocolate? They say to eat dark chocolate that is 70% or more of dark cocoa to reap the health beni's. I keep a bar of Green & Black's organic darck chocolate (70%) in my fridge JUST FOR ME! I small square or two is all I need and it is truly divine. Much better /smoother than the hershey's dark chocolate (In my opinion). It's $3 a bar, but 1 bar will last me several weeks.
  • mvpm032
    mvpm032 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you've got the craving, eat a little chocolate. It won't hurt you. Giving in to a craving every once in awhile doesn't mean you've failed in your health goals. It just means you're human. If you're just starting MFP, I will tell you that the first week is probably the hardest. At least I thought so. Let water be your friend. Sometimes we're not so much hungry as we are dehydrated. Water can fill you up. I'm not big on dark chocolate, but it may be something you want to give a try. One of the things I get is the Jello Mousse Temptations. They're only 60 calories. They're just enough to make you feel like you've had a little something.

Hope that helps. And don't sweat it if you just have to have a Hershey's. I had one the other day (king size) and it didn't kill me. :)
    I've also been using MFP and working out since Jan. I've lost 47 pounds. It's a lot of hard work, but you can do it.
  • audreylou
    audreylou Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips i gave in and ate a chocolate digestive and it was delish :love: its only 76 cals so not too bad am gonna give myself a wee treat everyday so i dont binge!!! strangely its not usually chocolate I crave I'm more of a savoury type of girl but what can ya do lol
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have one Builder's Bar Mint Chocolate or Peanut Butter Chocolate bar every morning for breakfast. It's low glycemic, doesn't screw up my blood sugar, satisfies the desire for chocolate, packs a lot of nutrients, and is 270 calories. Sure, you could have a candy bar, but these bars are great for glucose control and keep you full for longer.

There are also sugar-free Fudgesicles, only 40 calories, low carb, and taste great.

Good luck!

Kris