Veggie Burgers

Options
My husband and I are trying to start the year off right and wanted to know what would be the best veggie burgers to try?

Thanks!!

Replies

• laraes12
    laraes12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are trying to start the year off right and wanted to know what would be the best veggie burgers to try?

Thanks!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Spicy Black Bean burgers that MorningStar Farms makes...they are so delicious...and with a little spicy kick...they aren't "veggie burgers" in that they are intended to taste like an actual meat burger, but I think they are delicious...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    My husband is a vegetarian and likes the Boca Burgers. :smile:

They're an acquired taste though, I warn you! :laugh:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • K2T4e2n6
    Options
    Morningstar Black Bean Burgers are ok for frozen burgers. They seemed to be the least horrible.

I would personally recommend you make your own though

(you can try http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homemade-Black-Bean-Veggie-Burgers/Detail.aspx)

or you can try one of the other hundred recipes on there. Allrecipes.com is a good source for all kinds of foods and when I need new ideas I search their site. Or google Health Chef Alex and she has excellent recipes on her website though I can't for sure say if there's a veggie burger one on there. I have made the recipe I copied above many times and they go over well. This is my favorite b/c it doesn't use sour cream or any other type of cream based heavy sauce. Plus I'm a huge fan of garlic and hot sauce which are both EXCELLENT.
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    I like the Morning Star Garden Veggie Patties. They're not intended to taste like meat, but they're delicious!
  • gail15
    gail15 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey-I love Boca Burgers. I make swiss mushroom burgers. They are great. Take some fresh mushrooms, (and onions if you like) fry them in a nonstick skillet with a little Pam until they are tender. Remove them from the pan, fry the burger(s) in the same pan. When done, top with the onions and mushrooms and a slice of reduced fat swiss cheese, cover the pan until the cheese melts. Then put a tsp. light mayo and serve on Nature's Own Wheat n' double fiber hamburger buns. They are delicious and about 260 cal !
  • laraes12
    laraes12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE!!
    REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!
  • Michelle09
    Michelle09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like morning star's veggie burgers and their 'chicken' patties. :smile:
  • RMONTGOMERY
    Options
    I've never had a veggie burger, they seem quite expensive. I'll have to give one a try tho.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I like the Veggie Patties from Costco. I eat them as my meat portion with a salad or cottage cheese.
  • brunsie
    brunsie Posts: 54
    Options
    I actually like the GardenBurger veggie burger. I cook them at home though because I cook them on the stove. Don't like them out of the microwave.

I have to agree with the Allrecipes as well. I found a fantastic Jamacan burger on there that is a veggie one and it is to die for.
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    The Boca Burgers are not that expensive if you buy them at Costco- but i recommend for first time buying a smaller pck. in case you really don't like them

I'm not a red meat fan but like burgers- so this was my " happy discovery " for WW people - it's only 1 point per burger- and having 9 gm of protein with .. 0 or 1 gm of fat.. that is just great !
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love the veggie burgers. The Morningstar Spicy Black Bean are my latest favorite. Has anyone tried the mushroom lovers and if so how are they?