Question for girls & women.

Options
Has your period changed after you started dieting/eating healthy?
Mine became sooo irregular and shorter for about 2 days. I don't know if that's a common thing or should I visit a doc...

Replies

• DancingVe
    DancingVe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It seems that you may be quite thin from your profile picture. I would check your body fat percentage. Having too little fat can cause irregular periods or a ceasing of periods all together.
  • April5785
    April5785 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    its common when you first start exercising. over time your period should be less painful and less heavy/long if exercise is continued. the irregularity so even out over time though; if not i would call your doctor.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Yep. Looks like your BF% is pretty low - if you read up on BF% it will tell you than when a woman dropps below a certain % that is can mess with her cycle.
    Talk to your doc if you are worried.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't changed, but when I was in HS and playing sports on a daily it was shorter. My doctor told me that the more active you are the shorter your periods.
  • ariannamaria
    Options
    mine has always been irregular. it still isnt normal.
  • jessicazanebell
    jessicazanebell Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I haven't had my period in almost 3 months! I was worried to I went to the doctor and she told me its probably just because I have changed my diet and exercise up so drastically. I was on birth control before and she advised that I stop taking that and see if my body will catch up. However if I dont get it in 2 more months I am supposed to go back to the dr. because it could be other issues such as a thyroid problem.