What time do you stop eating???

Options
having a hard time not snacking. And I work evenings and don't really have stuff to take to work. I get home about 9:30-10pm. And sometimes I'll eat at work but the nights I don't I come home and eat dinner when I'm off. Does it nessesarily matter what time you eat your LAST meal????

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter for weight loss. If eating later causes digestion issues, or whatever, then it matters.
  • jazzyj1230
    jazzyj1230 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Honestly I dont think it does matter. I think as long as you are staying within your calorie goal and making healthy choices the weight will come off. I think the whole "no food after 8 pm" is a load of crap. Some people may find that it works for them, however I know that if I try to do this when I wake up my body is not at all happy with me. If you are staying within your calorie goal then I dont think it matters what time you eat. Good luck!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter in regards to weight loss.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Unless you have heartburn and eating too close to laying down triggers it, no it doesn't matter.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I eat most of my calories after 7 PM (sometimes as much as 1,100 calories at a time). As long as you're still meeting your calorie goal for the day and it doesn't make you feel bad (heartburn, problems sleeping, etc), it won't be a problem. I just eat less for breakfast and lunch to save calories for later in the day.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I stop when I go to sleep. Some nights I eat a snack right before bed and others I am done by 7. I see no reason to tell myself I can't eat after a certian time.
  • jayjay_90
    jayjay_90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it really doesn't matter as long as you aren't going over your calories. Eat whenever it works best for you :)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I often eat up until just before bed. Still been losing 1# per week on average since June :)

When I was doing a strict 16:8 IF for maintenance, then I stopped at 7 pm or so.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The only time eating is off limits for me is when I'm asleep, and even that's negotiable. That reminds me, I have to log the cracker cut cheese slices that somehow made it to bed with me when I got up to use the bathroom last night.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I stop eating after dinner which is typically between 6:30p and 7:30p. If I am out it could vary; however, I totally agree with others, the time you eat doesn't matter. The calories in and out do.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    logically, why would it matter?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    When I've consumed all my necessary calories.
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think I am the only person here who skips dinner. :smiley:
    I have my last meal around 4/5 p.m. I don't get hungry in the evening.
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I used to think it mattered and was very diligent about not eating after 7pm. Since I've been reading and learning about CICO on myfitnesspal, I no longer stress out about getting dinner in before 7pm. As long as I'm under my calorie goal, I eat as late as convient for me. Some nights, due to a late gym class, I don't get around to eating dinner until 9pm. The scale is steadily going down, so now I am a believer that as long as your under your calorie goal, it doesn't matter what time you eat.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter for weight loss. I eat my last snack about midnight, I go to bed usually about 2am. My last food is can also be as early as 9pm, but not usually earlier.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I find that I have a hard time sleeping if I have a big snack before bed. But I often grab a string cheese from the fridge on my way to bed. That's what works for me, personally.

As others have said, if eating late causes you problems sleeping or digestive issues, then choose whatever time best fits your needs and schedule to stop eating. For weight loss, it makes no difference.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Like shadow2soul said, " I stop when I go to sleep." I eat most of my calories after 7 p.m. when I get home from the gym. It did not hinder my weight loss. So, it really doesn't matter what time you eat.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I stop when I go to sleep.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I stop when I go to sleep.

yep.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Like all the others it really dont matter. Im a night eater until about 9 pm. Then IF until about 1 pm (afternoon) the next day. Whatever works within your calorie range