Insanity dizziness

Options
Hey guys,

So I recently started insanity (currently week 2) and everything was fine in the beginning, I was taking pauses obviously but I feel like I managed to do the exercices a bit better than today (maybe because I don't feel as tired).
Anyway, I didn't lose any weight for now, but my change in nutrition makes me feel better overall.
However, during the workouts, I now feel rapidly dizzy, and nauseous and I take longer pauses. Becauses of the tires of week 1, I also don't really manage to get my heart rate as high as in the first week. I don't think that I take pauses because I can't breath or because my heart bumps really fast, but rather because my muscles are too tired to actually do the exercice properly. Do you think it's normal, did you feel the same way?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,569 Member
    Options
    Are you low carbing? If so, then your glycogen levels are more than likely much lower.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • EMVelveeta
    EMVelveeta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you following the nutrition guide? Are you working with a Beachbody coach?
  • lamraniryan05
    lamraniryan05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not with a beachbody coach, i do follow the nutrition guide the best I can... I am a student so i can't buy everything that is on there... I replace aliments but there are the same nutritional value (tortilla bread --> whole grain toasts; cottage cheese --> greek yogurt; and others). I eat proteins as much as carbs, I might go beyond in terms of fat, so I don't really know..Dizziness is a feeling that comes and go, since I posted it didn't happen, so I don't know what might be the reason. Yesterday was my second fit test, and I did way better than the first, so overall I improved I am happy. I gave myself 100% on the first, so I know it's actually working. Proud of my results!!
  • DominiqueRobinson28
    Options
    Congrats on your progression!! I know from personal experience every workout completed feels like a triumph lol. You should be very proud of yourself for how far you have made it the workouts are very challenging. I did insanity and was having the symptoms you are experiencing. When you go from not working out or doing beginner workouts to something that is extreme like Insanity it takes awhile for your body to adjust. It will get easier and your endurance will continue to improve just dont give up.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Dehydration? Lacking nutrients in your diet? Not eating enough? Heart problems? Low blood pressure?

It could be any number of things and you should probably be working with a doctor if you're experiencing these symptoms consistently.