Belly flab

Options
i have always carried unhealthy weight around my belly and hips. I have lost 44 lbs over the last 6 months. I do 3 mins of planks, a few leg lifts, and various other core excerises almost every day but nothing is toning the flab. It's very discouraging because even though I am smaller, I still look dumpy. I need results to stay motivated because I still need to lose about 20-25 pounds! What works to tone saggy belly skin from weight loss and old age?

Replies

• refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Once you lose the 20-25lb you will have less fat there. Fat can't be 'toned'. If it's loose skin you're worried about then exercise won't really help that either.
  • alfordsuzanne
    alfordsuzanne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's sad! I don't like this flab
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    It really depends if its fat or skin, if you really are 25lb overweight then its probably fat and it will just go when you've decreased your fat % sufficiently. The body stores fat in different places and takes it from them in reverse order (I've heard).
  • alfordsuzanne
    alfordsuzanne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks for responding!
  • rungrrl
    rungrrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have read that it can take up to two years for your skin to 'shrink' as much as it will.
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on the flab, just keep focus on making a healthy & happy you!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    It will take losing those last pounds to get more fat off your belly. Then, depending how much weight you have lost, it will take time for your skin to catch up. It is a genetic thing, so it depends on your genes how much it will shrink.

You may want to try something like nerdfitness.com beginners bodyweight programme. It will help with retaining your lbm while you lose the last few pounds and strengthen your abs a little.

Cheers, h.