Favorite Ways to Exercise Outside (In Winter, too!)?

Options
Gotta be honest with you folks: Being at the gym makes me feel like I'm caged in a dungeon. I hate it. It's practically claustrophobic for me.

I LOVE the outdoors.

Things I do for exercise outside (and getting some Happy Vitamin D (with sunblock)):

-Kayaking
-Canoeing
-Nature center walks
-Short hikes
-Walks around the neighborhood with family and friends
-Bird watching
-Gardening
-Volunteering to do maintenance or build fences at the nature center
-Snowshoeing in the winter (I ADORE this!)

Obviously, not all of these are practical options to just 'get up and go.' I don't own a kayak, therefore a trip takes a good amount of planning, etc.

What kind of awesome exercise do you folks do outside?

Replies

• luisabaeta
    luisabaeta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    In the winter it's definitely a problem...
    I enjoy walking on the beach with my feet in the water. It's refreshing, you don't break a sweat, and if it does start getting too hot you can just dive in! I also love swimming in the sea.

Now that I moved to the UK this has become a distant memory... Of course, walking on the beach does require a long, sandy beach nearby!
    When it's not winter, I enjoy walking around the city, or by the river. During the winter my only sport is swearing and cursing every time I step out of the house!
  • LadyoftheIron
    LadyoftheIron Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ah, I prefer the cold to the heat any day haha.

No good beaches around here either, unfortunately.

I also like to bike ride, but I need a new bike as mine is broken. :(

Other ideas?
  • idrewacat
    idrewacat Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ah, it's mostly walking or jogging for me, but on nice days, I sometimes like to do more cardio outside. You know, jumping jacks or light weight training.