Biggest Loser Cookbook

Options
Hello!
Has anyone tired the BL cookbook? I need a cookbook that has easy, good tasting, recipes; please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it but I do know that betty corcker has a cookbook with all the recipes 300 calories or under that I love :wink: I will have to see what people say about the BL cookbook :bigsmile:
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I saw botho f those books mentioned at BJ's Wholesale Club this morning and was wondering if I should buy one??? Thumbed through them and sure, when you are shopping and hungry....EVERYTHING sounds good! LOL
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I love the biggest loser cookbook. IT's awesome and super easy. I also like the Rocco book eat this. He re does recipes that were high in calories and remakes them healthier. I would recommend that you go to the library and check some books out and find what you like then buy what your favorite is. After you get used to it you'll be whipping up stuff that's healthier and lower calorie b/c you won't be eating the other stuff. :)
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    I have the BL cook book and some things I love but alot of the dishes need you to buy certain things for them so its hard to just throw something together. I do recommend it but if you want something a bit more free style and free period try www.under400calories.com great meals/snacks/desserts and everything. I love it and you can use alot of whatever you have on hand.
  • SUCCESSISMINEIN09
    Options
    Thank you all!!!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how quick the recipes are?? I have a hard time doing anything that takes longer than 20 minutes unless its in the crock pot.
  • SUCCESSISMINEIN09
    Options
    Good question! I am no cook and do not a lot of prep work also! I do not fancy dishes either!

I am going to check out both books and I will let you know!
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love it, not everything in it is the best but it's a great cookbook for someone trying to diet.

It may not work out for someone cooking for a family but IMO that's the best thing about it. It's recipes for 1 serving and that's a little more difficult to find. Sure there are a ton of cookbooks out there geared towards dieting but I'm cooking for 1 not 8.
  • mroger801
    mroger801 Posts: 91
    Options
    I got the Lickety-Split Meals by Zonya Foco. There are a lot of similar items in the recipes and they are divided up by how long they take to make. The food is good and is really easy to make. The best part is that the nutritional information is on the page so you know exactly how good/bad the recipes are for you.