Shoes?

Options
Any ladies know of good, afforable fitness shoes (under $100 if possible) that are good for walking/running?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I like Asics, but have also tried New Balance, which I might be switching to for running. I have heard good things about Brooks too.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I got New Balances and paid $65 for them. I am doing C25K, so I am running in them with no problems.
  • WhisperALullaby
    WhisperALullaby Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I found a pair of New Balance for about $40. That was pretty much my shoe budget (being a substitute teacher doesn't leave you much financial wiggle room). I have short wide feet, so it's often hard to find shoes, but they seem to be pretty good so far for walking/running around!
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i got the new nike free run +2 and i love them!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I went into a place that fits you to a shoe. I now know that saucony are best for my feet. Nike are too narrow. I don't remember what else we tried. Everyone is different. So I would go try on and just find what works best on your foot. Look for cross trainers. This place also wasn't trying to sell me the most expensive shoe, mine was always under $100. Sometimes paying only $65. I just bought a pair for about $50 with shipping. I moved and they don't have those stores out here, but now I know what is best for my foot I go on line-most stores don't carry my size:(!!
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Do what I just did this weekend. Go to a running store where they'll watch you run and suggest shoes from there. Each shoe has different support for different runners. Have a pro help you find the right one for you. It will save you lots of pain and discomfort.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Shoe companies wouldn't spend so much time creating so many styles if there was a shoe that was perfect for everyone.

Everyone's feet are different. Depending on your activity, you'll be spending a great deal of time on your feet. Its best to get the right shoes for you, and not ones that work for someone else.

Take the time and go get fitted at a proper running shoe store (Fleet Feet, Running Room etc). They are trained to put you in the right shoes for you.

Good Luck.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I like asiacs, nike, certain puma's. If you find a pair you like in the store, check out 6pm.com. They have shoes for a bit cheaper than in the store.
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    I like Asiacs or Brooks. They have more toe room. New Balance always felt too tight in the toe area for me.
  • flipflopsforlife
    Options
    I LOVE my Sketchers shape-ups. They give me more momentum and my feet don't hurt after a full day on my feet or a long walk/jog. And the new ones aren't as ugly. LOL!!!
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Sketchers shape-ups. They give me more momentum and my feet don't hurt after a full day on my feet or a long walk/jog. And the new ones aren't as ugly. LOL!!!

How do you jog in them? I thought they were only meant for walking? Am I missing out?
  • Bentrain
    Bentrain Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Best advice I every got on running shoe was to go to a running store. Save your feet and knees by getting shoe that fit you correctly.
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I also used Asics... bought at a runner's store by their suggestion and i like them.
  • SueEllen7
    SueEllen7 Posts: 32
    Options
    I just love a Nike....always have. I've tried many others, and they are fine, but the Nike's just feel good to my foot! Bought a pair 2 weeks ag...$39.99!!! WOOHOO!!!
  • TanajaP
    TanajaP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    my husband gifted me some custom nike frees 5.0 (i think thats the right number). i LOVE them. i used to work for a shoe store so i'm pretty comfortable with how shoes fit on my feet. probably the best money ever spent, it's almost like running barefoot. even though they are running shoes i use them when i do insanity because we have carpet and its hard to workout with cross trainers on our carpet.