diet math confusion

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
I'm reading a book about Hcg diet. The story of one patient says she was on the diet for 6 weeks and lost 26 lbs.

6 weeks X 7= 42
26/42 = 1.6 lbs (a day)?

Supposedly you are supposed to lose a pound a day on this diet; whouldn't her lbs lost be 42? I suck at math...this doesn't make sense to me. Please help.

Replies

• Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I think the math you're attempting should be:
    26lbs / 42 days = .619 lbs. per day

You divided 42 days by 26 lbs.

Though, technically, 1 lb per day would be 42 lbs total. They probably don't guarantee an exact 1 lb. per day.
  • amunet07
    Options
    lol, thanks...scary that I will be taking a major medical math class at college in the fall. yikes
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You lose from 05.-3 lbs a day, but people hit stalls and if people cheat or stray from protocol, they won't see the same results. I lost 16lbs in 23 days, some people lose much more, the other day I saw a girl who lost only 9lbs in 21 days. It depends how closely you follow the diet. And also, their weight loss will fluctuate from others if they are on the homeopathic drops vs. the injections.
  • amunet07
    Options
    Bummer...I guess I was overly hopefull. I'm on the drops but taking a few more drops than the 10. Again hopeful. I wanted to lose 30 lbs before July 4th. Started phase two on 6/4.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well I have been going off protocol completely (I eat veggie burger patties and tofu dogs almost daily as my protein since I'm a vegetarian) and I lost 10lbs the first 10 days and the rest of the weight came off a bit slower. Drink LOTS of water. I'm having trouble with my water intake and I think my loss would be more significant if I could keep up. You can also take a detox bath any time you see a stall (just no more than once a week!). If you have facebook there is a liquid HCG diet fan page that is VERY helpful. They answer any and all questions you may have.

If you follow the plan exactly, you could definitely do it. My friend did two rounds, each 21 days and lost 33lbs total and she is also vegetarian. If you follow the protocol exactly, you will have success!
  • amunet07
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    lol, thanks...scary that I will be taking a major medical math class at college in the fall. yikes

I need 2 doses of 30cc of triglucoepiphomanooverdosacide stat!
  • amunet07
    Options
    Well...you've got the long words down...no gluco though! lol