Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

One of those days..............

shana1875
shana1875 Posts: 31
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
Today was the first day that I ate all my calories including the exercise calories. I didn't go over but I was just upset. When I get upset I eat. It's so damn frusterating:grumble: that when I get upset about whatever I turn to food. My boss was not a very pleasant person to work for today:frown: So after work I get home and try to relax; eat my supper, work out for a 45 minutes but then the late night munchies came and I gave into them:grumble: I need to find some way to deal with my feelings and not turn to food. It's tough to diet because it's not just food and exercising it is a total new way of thinking and changes in how you use and look at food.
:ohwell: Tomorrow is a new day
:yawn: Time for bed--I'm tired is been a very long day and tomorrow will be better.
Thanks for listening.
I am so glad that I found this site because I don't know where else I could go that people can relate to what I am talking about.

Replies

• Today was the first day that I ate all my calories including the exercise calories. I didn't go over but I was just upset. When I get upset I eat. It's so damn frusterating:grumble: that when I get upset about whatever I turn to food. My boss was not a very pleasant person to work for today:frown: So after work I get home and try to relax; eat my supper, work out for a 45 minutes but then the late night munchies came and I gave into them:grumble: I need to find some way to deal with my feelings and not turn to food. It's tough to diet because it's not just food and exercising it is a total new way of thinking and changes in how you use and look at food.
    :ohwell: Tomorrow is a new day
    :yawn: Time for bed--I'm tired is been a very long day and tomorrow will be better.
    Thanks for listening.
    I am so glad that I found this site because I don't know where else I could go that people can relate to what I am talking about.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Great job!!! You exercised and had banked calories for your emotional eating. If I was that smart before I found this site I wouldn't have to be here. :wink:
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Hi there,

I use to turn to food when stressed. I was stressed most of my life with an alcoholic mother.

I now use thinking or mental tools to deal with my stress. If I am having a bad day and my thoughts become negative, I turn my focus towards something positive.

Just reminding myself that tomorrow is a new day sometimes gets me through it. I have a no fear policy and I use redirection of my thoughts as my favorite tool.

I have very low stress levels now and I am always happy no matter what is happening in my life.

This way I can deal with food as it should be, as nourishment.

Here's to freedom from fear which is the source of all negativity. I learned that from the course of miracles. There are only two ways you can react in any situation: with love or fear.

It takes practice for a good long time, but it works.

Connie Lynn
  • Don't stress over it....we all do it from time to time.....tomorrow is another day but if it turns into another bad day don't let it take you over:smile: just keep trying....you can do it..:flowerforyou: and you can always imagine your grumpy boss in a punching bag:laugh: just for fun.....have a better day tomorrow:wink:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Hey, it's ok! You're supposed to eat your exercise calories. You're doing fine. And it sounds like you had a ton of leftover calories anyway, so your body won't mind at all.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    LIke the others, you got 45 minutes of exercise and that does allow additional cals for the day. If you are exercising after dinner on most nights you should be having a little something within an hour anyway so maybe a way to avoid it is to plan an after dinner and exercise snack and then you know, when that snack is gone the kitchen is closed.

It isn't easy dealing with others sometimes but you have to find a way to get that monkey off your back and not let your bosses misery invade your life outside of the office. I had to deal with that too, and same thing, bad day leads to bad eatting and I was able to remove myself from that situation but you may not be able to, maybe you should take a boxing class and then you could pretend the bag is your boss and kick her *kitten* every time she brings that attitude to you! :laugh:

You will find something that works, you have to look deep inside and find a solution that is right for you and who knows boxing may be it or some type of stress relieving activity that you can release your frustrations and move on. Good luck with the boss.
  • :flowerforyou: You all make me smile:smile: Thank You.
    I know it's been a day later, and yes today was better but
    I am so glad to have found you all for this wonderful support:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.