Weight Watchers pro points with only a few lbs to lose

Options
riascott
riascott Posts: 17 Member
I wonder if someone can help me.....

I have struggled with my weight for around 10 years now being stuck in the binge/starving cycle.
I got down to the low end of my BMI at the beginning of the year and was very happy with my size for the first time ever.... only it was very difficult to maintain as I reached it very quickly with a very low calorie intake. I obviously put the weight back on very quickly when I started eating more food..

Ive recently joined weight watchers online because I wanted to learn about healthy eating, and have been following it for the last week and have been surprised that i have lost a few lbs while actually eating more than i usually do.
Its been brilliant to lose weight and not go to bed starving!

My question is how much weight can I lose following the weight watchers pro point plan? I would really like to lose half a stone more than I currently am (which is still a healthy BMI) however this is lower than WW allows you to be so is there a point where it actually stops working or is it up to me to switch to a maintenance plan?

If I keep to my 29 points a day, will I keep losing weight? Or will it stop? I am really enjoying being able to make healthy choices and eating more but I dont want to stop losing weight and have to start cutting calories again to reach my personal goal weight.

Can anyone advise whether I can continue with the 29 points and keep losing weight until I reach my personal goal and then will maintain? Or will it stop now that I am at the lowest point that Weight Watchers says I should be?

For information I am currently 8stone 7lbs and I am 5ft 4inches.

I would really like to get to 8 stone.

Many Thanks in advance.

Replies

• CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

I have struggled with my weight for around 10 years now being stuck in the binge/starving cycle.
    I got down to the low end of my BMI at the beginning of the year and was very happy with my size for the first time ever.... only it was very difficult to maintain as I reached it very quickly with a very low calorie intake. I obviously put the weight back on very quickly when I started eating more food..

Ive recently joined weight watchers online because I wanted to learn about healthy eating, and have been following it for the last week and have been surprised that i have lost a few lbs while actually eating more than i usually do.

My question is how much weight can I lose following the weight watchers pro point plan? I would really like to lose half a stone more than I currently am (which is still a healthy BMI) however this is lower than WW allows you to be so is there a point where it actually stops working or is it up to me to switch to a maintenance plan?

If I keep to my 29 points a day, will I keep losing weight? Or will it stop? I am really enjoying being able to make healthy choices and eating more but I dont want to stop losing weight and have to start cutting calories again to reach my personal goal weight.

Can anyone advise whether I can continue with the 29 points and keep losing weight until I reach my personal goal and then will maintain? Or will it stop now that I am at the lowest point that Weight Watchers says I should be?

Many Thanks in advance.

8 stone is only 112 pounds. I'm the same height as you, and that's pretty darn low. Perhaps your goal should not relate so much to the number on the scale but to how you can work on toning the muscles you have.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to try WW. Do you also exercise or just follow WW's point program?
  • gec1266
    gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am currently in the maintenance portion of the weight watchers program. I started on January 19th and as of June 1st I have lost 35.8 pounds. I thought that I wouldn't be able to eat enough to keep me satisfied. however, what has worked for me has been a runners diet/lifestyle. I took my total points and broke them up over smaller meals. I eat more times a day,somewhere around 5-7 times,however I eat less because it has been broken up over many meals. This combined with exercise has gotten me to this point. Not sure if this is what will work for you but it is another option for you. You will be able to figure it out from all of the positive responses that you will receive....Keep up the good work!!!!
  • riascott
    Options
    I've been meaning to try WW. Do you also exercise or just follow WW's point program?
    I am just on my first week and havent added exercise just yet. I think if you exercise you get points back, however Ive not really looked into it as Ive been concentrating on learning the basics of the new pro points system.

Im actually really impressed though. For someone who has lived by the "to lose weight you have to consume less calories than you burn" and therefore Ive spent periods of time consuming low calories I am actually impressed that ive lost 3lbs in my first week by eating more than usual.

I just dont know how long it will go on for and whether I will reach my personal goal weight or whether I will reach a point where I just maintain and dont lose.
  • riascott
    Options
    I am currently in the maintenance portion of the weight watchers program. I started on January 19th and as of June 1st I have lost 35.8 pounds. I thought that I wouldn't be able to eat enough to keep me satisfied. however, what has worked for me has been a runners diet/lifestyle. I took my total points and broke them up over smaller meals. I eat more times a day,somewhere around 5-7 times,however I eat less because it has been broken up over many meals. This combined with exercise has gotten me to this point. Not sure if this is what will work for you but it is another option for you. You will be able to figure it out from all of the positive responses that you will receive....Keep up the good work!!!!

WOW! Congratulations! Thats brilliant weight loss. How does the maintenance work? Are you doing the pro points? How many PP are you allowed on maintenance? And did you decide when you wanted to go onto Maintenance points or did you just reach a point where you couldnt lose anymore?
  • riascott
    Options

Many Thanks in advance.

8 stone is only 112 pounds. I'm the same height as you, and that's pretty darn low. Perhaps your goal should not relate so much to the number on the scale but to how you can work on toning the muscles you have.

Yes, it is light, however it is still a healthy BMI and its where I feel comfortable (and where all my clothes fit me) You are right that I need to tone up and need to bring constant exercise into my lifestyle. I do one good workout or one run every so often! Its hard to get motivated after a long day at work and my job is sitting at a desk all day too.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Wow 3lbs already! I'm going to try this starting tomorrow !
  • pinksherbert
    pinksherbert Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

Good luck with the WW. I tried the PP plan late last year before they really launched it in the new year. I found that eventually (after only 4 weeks or so) that I was eating within the points, but it felt like too much food and I wasnt losing. That's why it was such a breath of fresh air finding this site.

I'll be really interested to see how you get on with it - good luck!

When I was doing it, I was on 29 points per day (lose them if you dont eat them - and aim to eat them all) and then 29 bonus weekly points. Is that how it still works? I heard they had to make some modifications for those who had less to lose, although I am not sure if there is any truth in that...?

x
  • riascott
    Options
    Hiya!

Good luck with the WW. I tried the PP plan late last year before they really launched it in the new year. I found that eventually (after only 4 weeks or so) that I was eating within the points, but it felt like too much food and I wasnt losing. That's why it was such a breath of fresh air finding this site.

I'll be really interested to see how you get on with it - good luck!

When I was doing it, I was on 29 points per day (lose them if you dont eat them - and aim to eat them all) and then 29 bonus weekly points. Is that how it still works? I heard they had to make some modifications for those who had less to lose, although I am not sure if there is any truth in that...?

x

Hi Pink

Yes, thats still the same, although you eat 29 points a day and then you have 49 for the week that you can use! I havent lost any weight yet this week (in fact i have put on 1lb this morning and I have not gone over my points a single day)

I think that it wont work for me now that Im at the lowest weight that WW think someone at my height should be (even though I could still lose another half stone and still be well in a healthy BMI range.

Im agree withy you, I think im eating too much.... Although in all honesty Im not actually doing any exercise which I know would make the difference.

I cant find any information anywhere which says that if you have less to lose the points are different though.... x