Back to try again...Friends Needed Especially FIBRO friends:

Options
Hi Everyone,Back to try again:) My name is Beverly, I'm 47 and live in Dunedin, Florida. I started to try and lose weight last February and did pretty good, about 25 lbs. Started at 203, found this website at 193 and got to 179. Now I am at 190 and starting again! I have fibromyalgia and the more weight I put on the worse I feel:( I signed up this morning at my community center and went to a few classes and did cardio and even though I hurt it feels good to hurt for the right reasons. I am looking for friends to help me stay motivated and so I don't drive my hubby and friends crazy talking about this journey. I have ADD and if I don't stay focused I lose interest quickly. This is a great website and w/ the iphone app it is so much easier to track all my calories and exercise. I am really excited about this and would love to have some people to talk to about cooking, traveling while dieting, and new things that have worked for you. Especially any other fibro sufferers would be greatly appreciated:)

Replies

• fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Fibro sufferer, but feel free to add me as a friend. Would love to help give some encouragement and motivation (and need some myself as well). You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • keeks419
    keeks419 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Beverly, Andi here. I'm 41 and have been back at it for a month with few lost pounds, but several centemers gone. I'm in Texas and could use some more supportive friends on here. :smile:
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i am a fibro sufferer please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Ilana613
    Ilana613 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 28 and have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia so I feel your pain- literally! Weight loss is doubly hard with chronic pain but I know we can do it! :smile:
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have ADD and if I don't stay focused I lose interest quickly.

Yep... Me too. LOL. I've been doing the TurboJam videos by Chalene Johnson. And I LOVE them because the music changes constantly. And if you order from the BeachBody website you can get like 10 of them in one shot, so you can do different ones every day, & that helps with the ADD too. I also like the weighted hand gloves because they increase your calorie burn in less time.

Hope that helps! And welcome! Congratulations on the 13lbs you've kept off, that's a big deal! And I'm sure that you'll take off the rest in no time. :tongue:
  • dunedingirl
    dunedingirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, just got done w/ dinner and had a good day so far. Up again @ 8am to hit the gym:)