No More "I can always eat"

Options
It's been 7 months since I've uttered the words, "Well, I can always eat," in response to the question, "Are you hungry?" Now, what flashes through my head:

-How many calories do I have left for the day?
-Am I really hungry, or just bored or need more water?
-Is the food being offered worth the calories?
-Does the food help meet my macros?

I am so much more mindful of what I put into my mouth. No, I can't "always eat," not anymore.

Replies

• adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's such a great change! Well done, keep it up! :)
  • ellenartee
    ellenartee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love this! I'm starting to become the same way
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    this is great! it is SUCH a great feeling. Last night, I was able to ask myself if I was truly hungry, or just bored, and I answered "bored" honestly! It felt really good to know I'm learning to listen to my body instead of just mindlessly eating. What an awesome NSV, congratulations!
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I also wonder if what I am eating is worth the calories, etc. If not, then nope. Great job!
  • cpower4604
    cpower4604 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It's amazing what questions or thoughts run through my head now that I am more conscious of what I'm eating.
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Amen sista!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    That is great! But your post makes me feel old. I just realized no one ever asks me if I'm hungry anymore. My grandma used to every time I saw her but she's gone now. Now it's always "What do you have to eat?' I've become the old lady offering food. :|
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That's so true. I actually stop and THINK now about what I've got left - not just calories but proteins, sugars, etc. Mentally exhausting but it's getting more automatic :) lifestyle change....that will last longer. Great job OP
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So very true!!!!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    That is great! But your post makes me feel old. I just realized no one ever asks me if I'm hungry anymore. My grandma used to every time I saw her but she's gone now. Now it's always "What do you have to eat?' I've become the old lady offering food. :|

LOL! My husband is the only one who asks me. I work nights and he used to always have food waiting for me when I got home (1 AM). Not anymore. He knows I already ate my calories for the day and if he has food waiting when I come in the door, he's in trouble. It's still nice that he asks, even though the answer is "I've eaten my calories for the day."
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    this is great! it is SUCH a great feeling. Last night, I was able to ask myself if I was truly hungry, or just bored, and I answered "bored" honestly! It felt really good to know I'm learning to listen to my body instead of just mindlessly eating. What an awesome NSV, congratulations!

Hey, I was just reading the "What's Your Most Recent NSV" thread and thinking I never have anything to post. Thanks for pointing it out!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options

Oh wow. Thanks for making me realize ME TOO!!!

Well, the least I can do is ask you "sweetie are you hungry?"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!