Replies

• igotmywish1508
    igotmywish1508 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    the vape are popular in our area
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I'll be smoke free 2 years in january. Did it cold turkey, it was my birthday and I had a terrible upper respiratory infection so I had no problem not smoking while I was sick, I began to get better and thought, let's see how long I can continue without smoking. Man it was a tough habit to break! I still get a smell of someone in public smoking and I get a craving but I'm holding strong :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what steps one takes to quit smoking, it's ALWAYS going to come down to wanting to do it and committing to it.
    Personally I smoked (about a half pack) a day when I was 19-39. I made a commitment to my DW that if we got pregnant I would quit cold turkey. We were trying at the time, so I knew in my head I would quit soon. After the confirmation, I quit that day. Never went back. I'll will say I dreamt of smoking for about 2 months, but once it was over, I was fine. And now I encourage more people (especially if they're young smokers) to quit as soon as they can. There really is no true benefit to smoking...........................well unless you own Philip Morris.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    congrats! I still have cravings but not physical, i did take a puff of my friends ciggie about a week ago and i must say, it definitely doesn't taste pleasant anymore. It's partly because most of the nicotine leaves the body after only 72 hours, and partly because my taste buds came back to life. I do miss the act of smoking sometimes, but I'll be damned if I start again
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I started smoking at the age of 16 and kept doing it for over 30 years. When I chose to quit, I mentioned that I was going to try hypnosis and offered 5 family members to join me for their Christmas presents. That was 9 years ago and I haven't had another puff since, nor has 4 of my relatives. Even with hypnosis, it was still very difficult, but I was given a CD of my session which I listened to every morning before I got out of bed and again every night before I went to sleep. I also found a great website, whyquit.com. it has a fantastic forum for support. I don't know if I would have been successful without it, kind of like my success with MFP.
  • 626Ashley
    626Ashley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking on 6/6/15 & it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I smoked from age 14 until just before my 28th birthday so half my life at this point, that's too much.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!