Slim fast milkshakes

Options
2»

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Sounds miserable. Why not ditch the shakes and just eat normal food at a calorie deficit instead?

Lots of people thinks that sounds boring. Farting is fun!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What's the protein source in slim fast? I have to avoid whey concentrate for the embarrassing side effect :flushed::confounded:
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Know what those might not be too bad with? Vodka and Kahlua. Get your White Russian with some added vitamins.

Pardon me, I had a White Russian craving out of the blue while out for a walk. I haven't even had one of those for years and years!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Im getting married in 3 months so trying to lose as much as possible while still being able to function! Lol i agree with the being hungry 1 to 2 hrs later!!!

Ditch the shakes and lose weight the correct way, by eating in a calorie deficit. Do it by eating foods you enjoy, that leave you feeling full, and you'll actually enjoy the experience.
    Your wedding is one day in your life, and not meant to be a stressful day all about your weight. Stop worrying about your wedding as a 'weight goal day' and think of it as the day you'll marry your fiance, the man you love, and then think about the rest of your life and all the time you'll have to continue to lose weight.
  • hyperbeth1
    hyperbeth1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You might have a problem with the lactose on it. I am lactose intolerant, and I used to get that side effect.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I never drank those. Though my mom did in the early 90s and I'm sure I have taken a sip. Didn't know they were still around.

But protein shakes do a number on me for sure.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    we used to call it "slimfart" in my house. If you want to drink one of your meals, why not just a glass of milk?
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    we used to call it "slimfart" in my house. If you want to drink one of your meals, why not just a glass of milk?

This. Sometimes if I just can't be arsed to make a full smoothie, I pull out the Ninja bullet blender, add a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a tablepoon of cocoa powder, a teaspoon of stevia, and a raw egg. Frothy, and tasty.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I had fantastic results with SlimFast when I was 19. I went from 220 lbs to 160 lbs in 6 months. I also had terrible gas, chronic runny poos, and a lot of misery.

Turns out I was and am allergic to soy. Go figure. You might want to talk to a doctor, just in case. I nearly killed myself.
  • nikinuu
    nikinuu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is probably the milk if you are even mildly intolerant it can produce this effect due to the volume you are taking
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Sounds miserable. Why not ditch the shakes and just eat normal food at a calorie deficit instead?

Maybe it is but not when you're walking down the aisle :#

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    suziecue20 wrote: »

Maybe it is but not when you're walking down the aisle :#

Yeah, but you know if the groom sticks by you after you let a few rip during the run to the altar, he's there for life!

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add in regards to farting. However, milkshakes...

05lgd0x44rff.jpg
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The only milkshake I want to see is like this one:

co4y5ratz52b.jpeg

OP, If you're going to drink your calories, make them count! BECAUSE....chocolate!

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Oreo, Jaffa Cake, Reeces Peanut and Malteaser 'shakes from my local American sweets/Ice cream shop...

cvptl02uu8yp.jpg
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I hate Slim Fast. Those shakes really screwed up my stomach, the "cofffee" ones specfically. There are so many great healthy alternatives to shakes if that's what you're interested in, by the way. Slim Fast is just a ploy to get your money and make you shed weight quickly. Then you gain it back. If a weight loss program doesn't actually involve you changing your habits positively, you probably won't see sustainable progress.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Oreo, Jaffa Cake, Reeces Peanut and Malteaser 'shakes from my local American sweets/Ice cream shop...

cvptl02uu8yp.jpg

Oh my God. I need those.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Seriously, does no one see the problem with losing weight with shakes? How will you keep the weight off when you are at goal weight? Keep drinking shakes that leave you hungry for the rest of your life? Learn how to eat in a calorie deficit.