Zone Diet?

Options
I am really confused about how to use the zone diet I need some help on how I should work out my meals and how to calculate! I am an active female and when I calculated I am at 12 blocks a day. This morning I had 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 cup blueberries and I can't figure out what the calculations are. If anyone has any tips that would be awesome! Thanks.

Replies

• fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Zone lifestyle!! I never counted blocks or anything though....I used formulazone.com and signed up for 3 months. It's very inexpensive and they plan your menus for you everyday. Literally the only times I'm never hungry are when I'm following a zone like menu. Check out the site, its great!
  • kf5nd
    kf5nd Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I found a cool thing in the MFP Android app.

Go to Goals, Nutrition Goals, if you click on Carbs, Proteins, or Fat, you can enter in custom percentages, fo I put in 40%, 30%, 30%, the exact Zone percentages. So easy! Now MFP will drive you towards your Zone goals.
  • Charm4u76132
    Charm4u76132 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Under Goals, Nutrition, it also lists the number of grams associated with the 40-30-30%, based on the amount of your calories. So when you look at a nutrition label, you can see the number of grams and combine foods to make up the correct %.

Zonediet.com has lots of great recipes and more info. on how to figure out meals. The Formula Zone website is also great.

Best of luck to you! - Nancy
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    lostalykat wrote: »
    I am really confused about how to use the zone diet I need some help on how I should work out my meals and how to calculate! I am an active female and when I calculated I am at 12 blocks a day. This morning I had 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 cup blueberries and I can't figure out what the calculations are. If anyone has any tips that would be awesome! Thanks.

There are free apps, like diet zone calculator for android, that can help you, but probably you have to start to weigh foods.

• marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Here is a pdf file on blocks: and how they work http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/cfjissue21_May04.pdf
  • jmcd68
    jmcd68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    lostalykat wrote: »
    I am also doing the Zone & doing 12 blocks per day for the next 8 weeks. 1/2 Oatmeal = is just over 1 block Carb (assuming its cooked and made with water); 1/2 cup yoghurt = is a combo food therefore its 1 block Protein & 1 Block Carb; 1 cup blueberries = 2 blocks Carbs. So your breakfast was carb heavy, with not enough protein and no fat = 4 blocks Carb & 1 block Protein. You want to do a 3 block meal with 3 x 1 block snacks per day or 4 blocks without snacks.

My go to breaky for 3 blocks is (and its a heap of food!): 30g Bacon Bits (3 F) with
    2 eggs (2 P), 1/2 cup yoghurt (1 C & 1 P), 2/3 cup steelcut oats soaked overnight (awesome easy recipe if you want it) (2 C). Good luck, last time i did the Zone i lost 7 kgs. Hope that helps and hasn't confused you more!