Poly and Mono Unsaturated Fats

Options
1.I have noticed that one is able to add the grams for the Poly and Mono Unsaturated Fats using the "Additional Nutrient Goals" on myfitnesspal,however am not sure what the maximum grams one needs to take a day. Does anyone know the recommended.
2.Why does the exercise calories add up to my remaining calories and not subtracting

Mwamba

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    The daily goals for poly and mono can vary because they both contribute to your non-trans and non-saturated fat goals.

Although the individual goals of Poly Fat and Mono Fat are undefined and should be labeled as not applicable (N/A), the sum of the goals of Poly Fat and Mono Fat is defined and equals the goal of Total Fat minus the goal of Saturated Fat, given the goal of Trans Fat is zero.
    Goal (Poly + Mono + Trans + Saturated) = Goal (Total Fat)
    ...rearranging...
    Goal (Poly + Mono) = Goal (Total Fat - Saturated - Trans)
    ...since Goal (Trans) = 0
    Goal (Poly + Mono) = Goal (Total Fat - Saturated)
  • mfchilambi
    mfchilambi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the comment Cyber Tone. So from my daily goals....l merely subtract the total for fat and saturated fat to get the goal for poly and mono.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    For me, my current Goal (Poly + Mono) = 37. So I could divide that up between Poly and Mono anyway I like.

It is hard to set a specific daily goal for each type, since the actual totals I should eat for that day depend on how much SatFat and TransFat I have eaten for that day. If I eat fewer SatFats than my specific SatFat goal for the day, I could increase the Poly + Mono goal for that day accordingly.

sba4l8kfjvct.jpg
  • mfchilambi
    Options
    Thats the number l got and l divided it by 2 to get individual goals for poly and mono(19 each)

Thank you
  • mfchilambi
    Options
    CyberTone kindly share the secrets to losing weight.l have seen that you have lost 41.5kg.l am new to myfitnesspal and want to see if it can assist me lose weight.l am currently weighing 83.5 and would like to lose about 8kgs by 30th October,2015. Is sticking to my goals for the day +a 10 minute exercise enough.

Thanks
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    mfchilambi wrote: »
    1.I have noticed that one is able to add the grams for the Poly and Mono Unsaturated Fats using the "Additional Nutrient Goals" on myfitnesspal,however am not sure what the maximum grams one needs to take a day. Does anyone know the recommended.

There's a minimum intake of about 11g a day of omega-6 and 3g a day of omega-3 which would give you 15g of Poly as a minimum.