Phentermine

Options
Does anyone have a referral of where I can get phentermine in Arizona? Thanks! (Please dont bother commenting if you are just going to tell me why I should not take it, etc.). Thank you!

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Go see a doctor.
  • swiftgirls2
    Options
    Not all doctors will give a prescription for it. That is why I am asking if anyone in Arizona is using a doctor that will give them the meds or a prescription for the phentermine.
  • Jan201101
    Jan201101 Posts: 3
    Options
    Only Dr. can prescribe you the real thing. Stay away for all the fakes on line. I'm using it along with healthy diet and exercise program and it works great.
  • Jan201101
    Options
    Call different Dr.'s until you find one that will. The reputable ones will put you thorough a series of test to make sure you don't have any underlying heart/lung problems before they will give you the prescription and they will want to monitor you progress.
  • Jan201101
    Options
    Call different Dr.'s until you find one that will. The reputable ones will put you thorough a series of test to make sure you don't have any underlying heart/lung problems before they will give you the prescription and they will want to monitor you progress.
  • Sk1nnyMoo
    Sk1nnyMoo Posts: 18
    Options
    Your family doctor usually won't prescribe phentermine, as you should have checkups on the medication monthly to monitor your health. There are usually places that specialize just in phentermine programs, like figure weight loss. For your state I would just try google and see if you have any luck.
  • meryllb
    meryllb Posts: 28
    Options
    try looking up weight loss clinics online, this is how i found my place (i'm in california).

tips on finding the right one: a good place will screen you beforehand, rather than just writing a prescription. the clinic i go to made me do bloodwork before they would write me a prescription and had me meet with a doctor, some places you meet with a nurse (if they even are a nurse) and they give you the pills that same day. another good sign is if they help you come up with a plan for your diet while you are on phentermine and when you are off, to a good weight loss clinic - phentermine isn't what makes you lose the weight, it is used to help you stick to your calorie goal (a good clinic will recommend 1200 - 1500, depending on your weight) so you aren't as hungry. mine also recommended lots of supplements that will help with metabolism.

hope that helps!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Youre in Peoria so you arent far from some great weight loss clinics (Im in Mesa). Like everyone else says they should do blood tests, and monitor you monthly at a minimum (weekly at first) mainly due to the High BP side effect. Also look up WOmens Vitality Clinics. These are run by doctors and these clinics also specialize in fertility issues and weight issues/health problems that are specifically female issues.

Ill admit Im spoiled my Uncle is an OBGYN in another state and he did my scripts for me (For the record I was living with him for the first one so he KNOWS how it effects me, right down to the insomnia when I get too much in my system or accidently drank a coke with it)

Having used it though (3 times) I will say you need to use it as a tool to learn better eating habits. You can eat like crap on phentermine and still lose because you eat alot less.

Also phentermine became available in 2 dosages about a year ago, so your doctor may start you on the smaller dose and boost you if it isnt doing enough, then he should taper you back off instead of you stopping cold turkey (just like any other drug)

You can always add me for phentermine support, and ask questions! I can answer alot of them!
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    Call around until you find a doctor who will give it. My husband and I got lucky. Our practice is fine with prescribing it and we were both able to get it. It worked pretty well for him, not so much for me. Good luck!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Honestly Im suprised youre having a hard time finding one who will prescribe it.... In phoenix/mesa/scottsdale/Paradise valley/chandler/gilbert I have yet to meet a PCP that WONT prescribe it, but you do have to have a certain amount to lose and body fat percentage
  • swiftgirls2
    Options
    Please let me know the names of the doctors who will prescribe it. I found 1, but he is 27 miles from me and completely out of my way!