30 day shred or any exercise- do you eat your calories?

Options
i'm just wondering if you eat your calories burned or stay within the limit that MFP has set? i'm supposed to eat 1290 calories a day but i started doing the 30 day shred and am burning more calories than i initially set out.

Replies

• hunterzmomma
    hunterzmomma Posts: 121
    Options
    if you are hungry then eat them! and if not then don't worry about it :)
  • Jessica5000
    Options
    I try not to eat my activity calories. I look at them like a bonus to my weight loss. Why would you want to eat all the calories you just burned. Let them be burned forever :)

However if I know I have a big meal coming up or want to have a few drinks, I work out in the morning, then I have a little cushion if I was to eat or drink a bit more.
  • mbaker81
    mbaker81 Posts: 8
    Options
    You MUST eat 1200 a day as a woman at minimum. If you are hungry, eat them. My opinion you should eat at least half of them back to give your body the fuel needed.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30DS. I am on Day 15. I didn't eat my cals back at first and I got SUPER tired. Really low energy, like I had the flue. So now I eat them back, and I feel much better.

I eat, on average, 1500 or so calories a day, and I do the 30DS 5 days a week. So far I have not lost weight, but I am definitely losing inches. IDK about everyone, but this is what is working for me.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i always try to eat my exercise calories back! i look at my exercise as a way to burn calories that i can eat back as well as to tone the areas i want tightened up.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    the flu. NOT the flue.

I did NOT feel like I was coming down with a bad case of a chimney damper.

Good grief, bad spelling makes my eyes burn.
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I just did Level 1 Day 10 of the 30-day shred this morning and love the calorie burn! I've been on MFP for three weeks, working with a 1200/day calorie goal. I weighed myself after the first two weeks and had lost about 3 pounds (4 if you count my shoes).

Plenty of folks eat the calories "earned" from exercise; lots don't. You will find that it is a personal preference and choice that your progress will dictate..
  • sak90027
    sak90027 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    the flu. NOT the flue.

I did NOT feel like I was coming down with a bad case of a chimney damper.

Good grief, bad spelling makes my eyes burn.

haha! no worries. this isn't a spelling/grammar test!

i end up eating around 1500 calories on the days i exercise. i try not to eat the calories but can't help it. weirdly, i'm less hungry on the days i exercise which is almost everyday now due to 30 day shred. i feel like the days i under eat i lose less. i'm trying to work thru a yoyo/plateau and trying to figure it all out :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Eat at least 1200 plus 200 for the 30-day Shred days.
  • sak90027
    sak90027 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eat at least 1200 plus 200 for the 30-day Shred days.

you know i end up eating around 1400-1500 the days i exercise. some days i shred AND go for a jog which is a bit overboard but i feel great. i've only been on the shred for 6 days so we'll see how it's going day 20!