getting my mojo back

Options
hi there,

over the last few months I have lost 26lbs. I am very happy with this but the last 2 weeks have been hard, my partner returned from a business trip with a ridiculous amount of chocolate, i had pizza and chips twice while he was away because i was finding it tough going with the kids. I have been really faltering with my food. I am trying to keep on top of my exercise but I need new runners for the gym as the ones I have are ripped by the heal and causing blisters, I haven't been to the pool in over a week because we have no cash until payday (tomorrow). I am getting a bike on the cycle to work scheme tomorrow and I am praying that from tomorrow on I can regain my mojo. I am so scared that I am going to allow myself to fail. sorry for the rant. anyone else fall off the wagon and have tips to getting back on?

Replies

• fubsyfern
    fubsyfern Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 26 lbs! That's awesome! I say go slow. It probably took a few weeks to get into a good rhythm with eating, logging, and exercise. I wouldn't expect the mojo to come back fast and furious, but as long as you keep going, even on the days that reeeeally suck, you'll make it. =) I've also found that having friends here helps. Seeing friends log exercise and end their days under their calorie goals inspires me to do my best. Plus, you can get meal ideas if they have an open diary. ;-)
  • carrighead
    carrighead Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks fubsyfern :)
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have been off the wagon more times than I have been on it - I have regained all of the 15lb that I lost, and I was (until last week) heavier than my starting weight on MFP.

Whenever I am feeling crap, which at the moment, is most of the time, I read this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10022755/success-is-anything-but-a-straight-line#latest

It reminds me that staying with it will be worth it.
    Good luck. Get a good group of friends as well, who can help you out and support you :smile: