PICS! 54F 5'8" finally finds Onederland!! 60 pounds down, 40 to go :)

Options
This is one of the braver things I've done :D Posting full body pics on an Internet forum with my story

54 yo female, post menopausal, fat my whole life, chronic pain, arthritis, bilateral knee replacements 2015
I work night shift ICU nurse and believed the cards were stacked against me

Highest weight 278 pounds 2013 (foot reconstruction surgery)
Starting weight 258 on February 27 2015
Current weight 198.4
Goal weight 158

Calories generally 1200-1500, occ 1800
Various cardio 6 days a week, very little weight training at this time because it all feels awkward and I just don't like it...hoping to consult a trainer soon. I also LOVE my Fitbit!

I read these success stories every day and they truly helped motivate and inspire me to keep chugging away...so here's my Story so far. I never imagined I'd see Onederland again. It CAN be done!! Don't stop, if you fall off the wagon, just climb back aboard! We got this!!

Replies

• SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Very motivating. :)
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! Keep at it and you will reach your goal!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Super job!
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great journey! I'd guess you are more comfortable now working on your feet than you were, nursing is not for sissies! This story is very motivating, thank you.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Super work right there!

Also would like to say that I think your tats are wicked awesome :)
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Super work right there!

Also would like to say that I think your tats are wicked awesome :)

Ditto!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I got to Onederland at the end of May, and it felt sooooo good! Keep up the good work. :)
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Still working toward Onederland, but I would love to have a good look at your ink! Bloody fabulous from what I can see. :-D
  • bibimazoon
    bibimazoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words :smiley: I started collecting tattoos seriously about 10 years ago...and it snowballed :D
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Success stories help me too. Thanks for sharing yours! Yes, we can do this if we never give up! (Also, beautiful ink!)
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm getting close to Onederland and am losing at a slightly slower rate than you. We have similar body types and I am a little older than you. I have health issues that restrict cardio to a faily low level, but I have been working with a trainer on some light to moderate weights & resistance machines (can't do heavy weights). I highly recommend starting weights, as it really helped me change my shape and tighten everything up as the weight came off. A decent trainer can get you started with proper form & technique and a structured plan of progression, as well as giving motivation & accountability to continue. I find weights challenging as I am always trying to best my previous weights or reps by a little bit. You'll be amazed at what a difference even lighter weights can make in your body composition and strength in a fairly short period of time. I really like the resistance machines because they are easier on the joints, and once you learn how to use them, they are so versatile.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! - great work - hoping to get to Onederland soon myself and your story has helped with my motivation.
  • gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    45 year old, labor and delivery nurse, weekend nights.....the struggle is real! lol. feel free to add me. keep up the great work! and give lifting a chance. i've been doing it for a little over 2 yrs now and love it!!! it's actually the one activity that doesn't hurt my knee. it's done more good than it has harm that's for sure.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Doing great! Love all of your ink :) Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!