Vegetarian looking for friends

Hi there. I'm Bethany. I'm 25, vegetarian, and currently 245lbs. I'm 5'11" and would like to have a goal weight of 165-175. I tried MyFitnessPal in college and it really worked; I lost a lot of weight and was feeling really good about myself. Then depression hit me and I ballooned back up again.

Now that I'm out of school, unemployed, and back to what my starting weight was last time, I think I need to get things in order. Looking for friends/support who are okay with my vegetarian lifestyle (I'll get enough protein, chill), are nice, and will celebrate in the victories with me, no matter how small they may be.

I in turn will like your statuses, give you a "yay! great job!" when you do well, and encourage you when things don't go as planned.

So please add me. I await your friendship. ;)

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    You've done this before and you can do this again - this time, for life.
    Best of luck :]
  • madhulodhia
    madhulodhia Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Bethany
    Don't dwell on the past. We have today and the rest of a health future. I am vegetarian too and been one all my life. It is a constant balancing act with proper nutrition. My weakness is beer. Have incorporated the calories into my daily calories. Excercise is the only thing that you can do to speed up metabolism and keep you motivated. Make Excercise a daily part of your life. Like sleep, shower, brushing your teeth etc.
    Good luck
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Hey :smile: fellow vegetarian with similar goals. Sending you a friend request
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Hi there! I'll send you a friend request. I'm a vegetarian too and I feel you about the protein lol, I usually get around 100g a day but any time people hear I'm veggie it's always "BUT WHAT ABOUT PROTEIN???!!!!111111"

I also lost weight with MFP in college, then I went to law school and gained some back, so here I am. We got this!
  • Fragmoss
    Fragmoss Posts: 66 Member
    Greetings, "vegan here!" I know how (where do you get your protein from scenario)
  • blweathers3
    blweathers3 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for all the adds! I feel the love and support already! :)
  • Fragmoss
    Fragmoss Posts: 66 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm new to this app blweathers3...so forgive the partial post. Lol I was trying to say, I am 55yrs old, weighed in at 163.6 lbs yesterday and wish to be at my former weight of 140 by the first of the New Year. I always say, why wait for the new year to resolve old problems!

We CAN do this!!!
  • Ketoleeeno
    Ketoleeeno Posts: 14 Member
    I'm vegetarian also will send you and accept vegetarian and vegan friend requests. I'm active daily
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Also a vegetarian, sending you a friends request. :smile: I'm looking to lose about 50 pounds, currently about 190. I say about because I'm actually metric. :smiley: