Giving up coffee for tea

Options
Giving up coffee is prob the hardest thing I've had to do - I know ppl say its good for you but not in the quantities I drink it haha. Plus everyone knows their own bodies and it has been making me feel dehydrated and sluggish. I traded out coffee for tea and with three cups a day for a week I have lost 4 pounds so far! (None of this marketed teatox stuff by the way) Just some good healthy choices like black, peppermint and oolong. I've been getting amazingly restful sleep as well which is rare for me. Just wanted to share :)

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    since i drink mine black, i see no reason to give up coffee. especially for caffeinated teas
    51No44Nm4rL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • woodburya
    woodburya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I always have to have my coffee with cream and sugar so it makes it not as healthy. I didn't want to give up caffeine completely just cut back. Will always love caffeine so it's more about cutting the sugar for me. I found that most herbal teas taste great without adding anything.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to switch from coffee with cream and sugar to black. Was drinking 3 cups a day, so started out first cutting down on sugar (half). Then cut out sugar and cream for middle cup. Today I'm cutting out S&C for the afternoon cup. On Monday I'll cut out the morning S&C. I think a gradual "weaning" is good, as it gives you time to get used to it. I know I have to. I love my coffee, but I can't afford 300 calories a day into something that doesn't fill me up.
  • woodburya
    Options
    @RoseTheWarrior My thoughts exactly! The extra calories were no good. It was like dessert for me. Not saying I'll never drink it again - it'll be a great treat every once in a while. I applaud you girl I can't drink it black. It's still a battle cause I sweeten my tea as well. I succeeded in weaning down my sugar from 3 tsp to 1 tsp and try to put milk in my tea instead of cream
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    LOL - it's funny you say it's like dessert. That's exactly what I was telling my hubby about my afternoon coffee. One good thing about having it black is that I drink less because it's more bitter and less like candy! You should feel good because you are making changes. Maybe slowly, but changes nonetheless! Every little bit helps :smiley:
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Thank you sharing and congrats on your loss. That is what this is all about taking responsibility for what we are eating and finding ways to do better if possible. 'My Coffee' was my first recipe I created, I knew I was not willing to give up my morning coffee but I make a thermos the way I like and most of the additional coffee if any is usually black.
  • woodburya
    Options
    @RoseTheWarrior Haha I've always said its like my treat. It really does help I do feel a lot better mentally and physically. Sugar is a huge problem for me (as I'm sure with most people) so it's a big accomplishment. I'm trying to celebrate the little victories
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,241 Member
    Options
    I drink both coffee and tea. And both black ... no milk, no cream, no whitener stuff, no sugar, no sweetener of any sort. Just black.

In the morning, it's coffee.

In the afternoon, it could be either depending on how I feel.

In the evenings, it is tea.

• niketupatel93
    niketupatel93 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    U dont need to do !!! Jus drink coffee but u have to drink Ice-capuchino u can add coco nd cinamon powder for taste but its really helpful to burn ur calorie without doing anything so iced cappuchino from starbucks :)