sigh......why it got to taste so good!!!

Options
And then right when you say you're going to stop eating it or maintain what to eat somebody comes around and says here try this or this free sample that every store you walk into and it's always the good stuff

Replies

• keyshas83
    keyshas83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I mean I've been really good today so far
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by "maintain what to eat"?
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    just think of how many strangers/people stood over most of them food store samples breathing, and who knows what else, over them! thats enough to make me not want to try them..
  • tonee7000
    tonee7000 Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I was like that too, but soon as you get your mindset right in eating healthy and working out, all that will go away...it's going to take a lot of willpower but can do it...healthy foods are delicious too
  • keyshas83
    Options
    Yes! Its so true, i did it before, so i know i can do it again, just gotta get my groove back
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That's examples of an obesogenic and toxic food environment.

Food should taste good, it's food's way of telling us "here be nutrients". Real food does that.

Engineered food tastes "too good" to entice us to eat and buy more. More than we need. More than we can manage.

It's your choice to eat or not eat, and decide what to eat and not to eat.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I found that part of losing weight was learning to tell others "no." There's no rule saying that you have to take food just because it's been offered to you. If they get mad at you, then it is they who are breaching ettiquette, not you.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    When you learn what good food is you will realise that the stuff in the store they are giving you is actually not very delicious at all. Usually its high in salt and but made with lower quality ingredients and fillers.

If you want to know what good quality food tastes like, go eat in a decent restaurant or try to cook some of it yourself at home.

If you are used to eating lots of junk foods or foods or lower end restaurants, which are hyper flavoured iwth salt, fat and sugar, then your tastes buds may need retraining. The quickest way to do this, I believe is to eliminate junk food and eat well made meals at home. Try some recipes.

I saw this happen with a guy on a show once who was more or less forced to do it. I am not exactly sure which program it was but it was one of Dr Mosley's videos. YOu can find them on youtube.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    A matter of choices I guess.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Just say no.
  • keyshas83
    Options
    I said no today, made me a crockpot full of chicken breadt and veggies!!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    keyshas83 wrote: »
    I said no today, made me a crockpot full of chicken breadt and veggies!!!!

Good job! *happy dance* It really does become easier the more you do it.

• keyshas83
    Options
    Yes, the struggle is real, and this slow cooker..but id rather eat this all week then pay more for junk every day
  • keyshas83
    Options
    And thank you!!!
  • FunnyFit
    FunnyFit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The struggle IS real for me too, but some days are amazing and others I need help! I take it one meal at a time some days and the other days I am fine. Keep blogging about it when you need help and encouraging others when you are strong :) You can do this!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    self control is awesome...