What's the reason you started?

Options
Hey everyone :) I'm looking for friends that I can motivate and for people who can motivate me as well.
I was wondering what started everyone's journey for weight loss? It can be personal, I promise that there will be no judging from my end.

Replies

• FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    my 600lb life tv series...

could be me or anyone else.. time for a change
  • _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello. Want women to find me "attractive" instead of just "handsome" or "nice". Related to that, I'm actually curious if I could ever be considered a hot guy. A lot of really fashionable clothing isn't available in my size (or doesn't look flattering). I dance often so being smaller helps me be A LOT more agile. I want to participate and excel in more physical activities (snowboarding, surfing, ice-skating, etc.) But really, I just want to be hot. haha
  • Deartrebor
    Deartrebor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got lazy after a couple of injuries, now I want to work my way to becoming a cop, gotta be fit for that.
  • AlexAmelia85
    AlexAmelia85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I want to get healthier and be at a healthier weight. My doctor told me during a checkup that I was close to being pre-diabetic which really scared me. I don't want to be diabetic, so I'm trying to prevent that from happening!
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,172 Member
    Options
    I was unhappy with a lot of things in my life and decided I didn't want to be fat and unhappy. The fat I could change.
  • tiffanyschadow
    tiffanyschadow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    After having my first son 6 yrs ago it took me 3 years to get focused on taking the weight off but when I did it literally liquified off of my body in just a few short months after all those years. I was the thinnest I had ever been in my life and I didn't even work out! I only cut back on calories but never counted, just avoided eating late and never ate till I was full. Now after having my second son 8 months ago I thought it would be easy. I'm 40 now and am confronted with the reality of a slowing metabolism and a busier life that makes it more difficult to eat well and work out so I too am open to advice from groups such as this! I've been struggling to get the baby weight off and mentally it's been painful to accept that I've had to actually try SO hard to lose weight.
  • WantBestME
    WantBestME Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I started my weight lose journey because of criticisms.. I was always in average BMI but during pregnancy i gained some 50 lbs. Post pregnancy i couldn't reduce it immediately because of nursing my baby and my disc slip in back bone... But i heard lots of criticisms behind my back.. So i took a vow to reduce my weight and now i've almost reached my goal!
  • kylaschu04
    kylaschu04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My reason for starting is so I can go to the beach (Australia - Dec) this year and feel confident! Since high school I slowly began to lose a kilo here or there with out doing anything to have the effect. Since noticing what such little habits can do to change my body I thought I would give it a go to actually put in a solid effort and become the fittest best version of myself I can be. If you ever want to chat msg me! I'm really hoping to stick to my routine and goals and don't mind offering encouragement and also exchanging ideas! :)
  • random5483
    random5483 Posts: 63 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Weighed myself at 295 lbs in a yearly weigh in and was shocked. Lost 13 lbs since in about 3 months. Joined MFP 6 days ago to try and increase the weight loss pace a bit by tracking calories. Never tried losing weight before, so this is a first for me. I guess not wanting to cross 300 lbs and not wanting to get sick due to my weight as I get older are the main reasons for my interest in losing weight. Given my height 190-210 lbs would put me in the healthy range, so I set 200 lbs as my long-term goal. I hope to go down to 250 fairly fast at 2 lbs a week, but will slow down the pace to 1.5 lbs a week as a goal to get down to 220 and 1 lb a week as a goal after that (or maybe even half).
  • kailih06
    kailih06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I want to be a fighter before I'm too old lol
  • rejeannesammy
    rejeannesammy Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I decided that I wanted to look better in my clothes. I began this journey two years ago but haven't been consistent with it. I lose weight then I put it back on again. It's time for the cycle to end. I'm ready but I lack motivation. Hoping I can find that here.

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm prediabetic. The doctor got on my case and explained the dangers. So I went to see a nutritionist and learned how to eat right and work out so I wouldn't become full on diabetic.
  • jtitus311
    jtitus311 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old son started crying imagining if daddy went good bye forever..
    Who would be his daddy? Rocked my world and determined to change my life
  • Chessie28804
    Chessie28804 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I knew I was overweight and needed to lose, but I think both my parents having heart attacks and being diagnosed with diabetes kick started it. I knew if I didn't change I would be the same way before 50.
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Football
  • mskayhuston
    mskayhuston Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    All of these are so moving! My initial reason was because I recently had a miscarriage. And being so unhealthy and stressed all the time is probably what caused it. I pictured my life if I did have my baby and realized how little I could do. I want to change it for my future family and for myself to finally be happy again.
  • Divya365
    Divya365 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am trying to reduce the baby weight I gained during pregnancy so that I can run my first 5k.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I want smaller boobs and I want to be able to run; the smaller boobs will come both from weight loss and surgery following that weight loss if they are still too big and the running will come as I work on it (which is another reason for wanting smaller boobs; it's not fun to run as it is).

I've always carried a bit extra weight, but recently my back started giving me a lot of pain so I'm doing rehab which includes going to the gym and I'm at an age where the breast reduction is kind of an "now or never" deal, so that's what's keeping me motivated this time to actually get some results.
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i want to look sexy :)
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've tried off and on for a couple of years but wasn't that serious about it. I would lose 5 lbs here and 10 lbs there, then I would stop. I had to be sick and tired of looking like this and shopping in the plus size section. The clothes are very limited and I really began missing the regular section. Fortunately I don't have have any health problems and wanted to take more care of my health while I can. I look at my mom who's diabetic and I refuse to be on medication the rest of my life and had to make a lifestyle change for the better.