Advice on snacks

Options
Hi, I'm new to the group, and am looking for advice on snacks.

Replies

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I can only answer bases of experience. not scientifically
  • stephaniemarie2
    stephaniemarie2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs
    edamame packs
    veggies and hummus
    kind bars
    fruit and yogurt
    Try to have a protein with each snack, will keep you full longer (well satisfied) I'm never full.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds, walnuts, pecans, whatever you like. Pistachios. A piece of fruit. String cheese. Raw veggies plain or with a little hummus or peanut butter(celery). Cottage cheese, I like to mix in a little sriracha and dehydrated onion pieces for savory, or dry sugar free jello or pudding for sweet. I really like quest bars, especially the white chocolate raspberry and Kind bars. Turkey jerky.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I eat bananas, nuts: almonds, pistachios, cashews. Can do Trail mixes all day! sometimes an apple. I use to do the carrot with the cream cheese thing, till I left the cream cheese out too long in the office and nearly died. so no more cream cheese.
  • VivienneBorchers
    VivienneBorchers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat every few hours. Portion out your snacks ahead of time. For example, weigh and measure your nuts/cheese/whole wheat crackers/fruit/veggies, etc.
    You're less likely to over eat if it's already portioned out.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's my list.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/mid-day-snacks-722504

We get asked this question a lot around here.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    Dry-roasted edamame/soybeans. Single-serve cheese (string cheese, fresh mozzarella pearls, queso fresco, more). Sharwood's puppodums. Fruit, including dried fruit (reasonable portions of unsweetened dried fruit, with water on the side).
  • cdoula
    cdoula Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! I should have stated "looking for low carb snacks". Did YOLI for 1.5 years, and can't stand bolied eggs anymore because of that:( I do enjoy almonds!