New Quest bar limited edition flavor coming!

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Definitely pumpkin pie, I won't be trying. I hate the new formula, they all taste yucky now.

lol you were the one who first pointed it out, and I have noticed it now :( I found a few cookie dough bars mixed in a box at my grocery with the old formula. Do you remember if the new one is the light brown or the dark brown packaging?

The old formula comes in trays with flaps on the sides. The new formula comes in trays that have perforated tops. I haven't tried either because I can't have stevia, but I do stock them at work and that's the biggest difference I've noticed.

We must get different packaging in the UK as ours have always had perforated tops.

We haven't been sent any new type yet and I really hope we don't if they have changed the fibre in them, that is one of the main reasons I eat them. If they have lowered the fibre then I'll swap to a different 20 gram protein bar and just drink some regucol or something. They won't be worth the price tag to me.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I only buy them occasionally if I'm starving and am in a bind for something quick. In terms of protein bars out there, they're the best for being low sugar. There's tasty ones out there but with the nutrition of a chocolate bar. I'd definitely go for a shake in lieu of a bar. There's protein shake bars around the area (one at my gym) so I'll stop and buy one if I'm out and about and need some food. I suppose I could bring my own water and protein powder in a mixable tumbler but I hate drinking a shake shaking it by hand.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Victory bars? They look the same as quest, but with sugar instead of stevia. nx6mu43g1pp4.png

I have...threw it away. The texture is weird and taste not great
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    Quest: The Starbucks of protein bars.

Do they at least spell your name correctly?

This made me smile. Thanks!

I do have the occasional Quest bar though (and Starbucks ha ha). :)
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Victory bars? They look the same as quest, but with sugar instead of stevia. nx6mu43g1pp4.png

I tried several flavours. They all taste the same to me - an awful, bitter, almost rancid taste that completely ruins any other flavour in the bar. I've been experimenting a lot recently: I tried Ansi cheesecake, B-up bars, several GNC bars, Victory bars, Combat Crunch bars, and Detour Simple bars. My favourite, by far, were the B-up bars. They are the only ones I will be buying again. The Combat Crunch are okay, but they are quite expensive and I still like the B-up ones better. I've left reviews of things I've tried in the thread about new products that caught your eye recently.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The old formula comes in trays with flaps on the sides. The new formula comes in trays that have perforated tops. I haven't tried either because I can't have stevia, but I do stock them at work and that's the biggest difference I've noticed.

I just got two boxes of 12 (Chocolate Brownie) from Amazon. One had the perforated top, the other didn't. But both were still the old recipe. The only way to be sure is to look at the ingredients.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    New flavor should be out next week in stores, i think.
  • lingo10
    edited September 2015
    Options
    New flavor should be out in 2 weeks in stores, i think. thats my guess. I cant wait :D
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know about this!!!
    You're right, it has to be pumpkin, too many people will be mad if it's not and what company isn't catering to the pumpkin demand nowadays? ;)
    I'll be the first one at the store buying up all the boxes! I just hope the new formula doesn't ruin it! xP
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'll buy one if I can find it. Unfortunately I have way too many bars and snacks in the cupboard right now!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    It is so funny to see there stars rating go from 4.9 to 4.5 in a matter of weeks since the recipe change.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing gingerbread.....if they are bringing it to stores in a few weeks, that's way too late to be introducing a pumpkin flavour.....although I wouldn't mind I love pumpkin.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd love pecan pie.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Quest: The Starbucks of protein bars.

Do they at least spell your name correctly?
    It's funny because they've both gotten rid of things I enjoyed. :'(

I was just thinking I'd like a pecan pie flavor @Francl27

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about the formula change. I suspect it hasn't filtered through to Australia yet. I will check when I buy a bar next. I would like a salted caramel or a toffee flavour
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Its def pumpkin, they posted a picture on IG that pretty much gave it away. I'm pre-ordering as soon as they release them, I'll keep yall updated :D
  • lingo10
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Its def pumpkin, they posted a picture on IG that pretty much gave it away. I'm pre-ordering as soon as they release them, I'll keep yall updated :D

+1
  • arditarose
    Options
    I bet it's gonna taste weird
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I hope the next quest flavor is crack so it's less addictive for MFP users.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I hope the next quest flavor is crack so it's less addictive for MFP users.

aren't you funny