First time mom and ready to get her pre mom bod back

Options
Hey there! My name is Katie and I'm due with my first child on Monday the 28th. I'm from Maryland and I've gained 40lbs and did not stick to my healthy habits I had before I got pregnant. I lost 15lbs and then found out I was pregnant. I stayed active till about 7 months into my pregnancy. Now with only 4 short days till my expected due date, I really want to get back into my healthy habits and to give my daughter the best opportunity to live a healthy life. I'm open and honest and would love to have friends to help support me and for me to be able to support others and learn better habits. Add me and I'll add you back!

Replies

• Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're in the same boat! I'm a new mom and 5 months pp but I'm looking to lose the baby weight and more. I put on about 35lbs when I was pregnant. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • HungryHippoKatie
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! Congrats on your beautiful baby! So far, I've gained 45lbs
  • jrjordan79
    jrjordan79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're in the same boat! I'm a new mom and 5 months pp but I'm looking to lose the baby weight and more. I put on about 35lbs when I was pregnant. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)

I am also 5 months pp and put on 35 lbs! I am just getting back into better eating and trying to exercise. Would love any support or advice you might have! Sending you a friend request (hope that's okay :blush: )
  • jrjordan79
    jrjordan79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Katie and I'm due with my first child on Monday the 28th. I'm from Maryland and I've gained 40lbs and did not stick to my healthy habits I had before I got pregnant. I lost 15lbs and then found out I was pregnant. I stayed active till about 7 months into my pregnancy. Now with only 4 short days till my expected due date, I really want to get back into my healthy habits and to give my daughter the best opportunity to live a healthy life. I'm open and honest and would love to have friends to help support me and for me to be able to support others and learn better habits. Add me and I'll add you back!

Good luck with the delivery ... it will be an amazing experience! I am all for extra support, friend request sent.
  • darksomebelle
    darksomebelle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ooh...the 28th is coming up fast. Good luck to you! I'm 4 weeks pp and just re-joining the site. I also gained 40 lbs (well, 37, but close enough) during my pregnancy. Not my first, my third, but my older two kids are 14 and 10, so in some ways it feels like my first.

Hope it's ok if I send friend requests to everyone in this thread. :)
  • yassanbran89
    yassanbran89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my daughter is 13mo now, but I was just like you. My advice is breastfeed, breastfeed, breastfeed, eat as natural as you possibly can and exercise (anything!). I was able to drop 30lb in 4.5 weeks postP.
  • yassanbran89
    yassanbran89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh, and good luck! I hope you have a smooth, quick and peaceful delivery. Best wishes.
  • KlynnToilolo
    KlynnToilolo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a first time mom as well. 20 years old. my lo is almost a year old and I lost 20 lbs when I was pregnant but then gaied 35 by the time I had him. I'm new to the whole fitness thing never had to ever worry about my weight or body until now. Would love ideas and help motivate you along with myself. Feel free to add me and I'll add you back:)
  • esra24
    esra24 Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Im second time mum im 1month pp can looking to slowly lose the weight would be nice to chat everyone i gained 38pounds im 20 years old Feel free to add me laddies
  • HungryHippoKatie
    Options
    Thank you ladies so much for your encouragement! Being a first timer is very scary but I know we will survive! @yassanbran89 that is my goal. I would love to be able to breastfeed till 6 months and we usually eat as clean as possible but lately I've been so exhausted so my mother in law has been staying with us and she's making quick dinners so I've been trying to portion better since it's not our usual style of cooking. I thank you all for the friend requests!!!! I'm glad to have some mama love and understanding.