Jump Rope? Suggest yours!

Options
I am thinking of doing jump rope when I am traveling or need a few extra calories. Can someone suggest their jump rope? Also any tips?
TIA!

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I bought mine for $9 from Sports Authority two years ago. I can't remember a brand, sorry! I like to do 10 minutes of skipping every day. 10 seconds resting, 20 seconds skipping for the 10 mins. :) I 'only' burn 100 calories but it really gets me going and energizes me for the rest of the day.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Weighted speed rope ..
    i do 2mins jumping
    1 min abs
    2 mins jumping
    1 min squats ect till i reach my limit
    ie DEAD TIRED LOL
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    haha I've been thinking about jump rope actually! XD
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I got mine at target but i don't rememver the brand but it has 5 pound removable weights in it so you can get a better workout
  • MTtobeHOT
    MTtobeHOT Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband got a really nice one for not a lot of $$$ on Amazon.com and free shipping!!
    I'm not sure of the brand name, but there are several to choose from.
    Read the folks comments who did a review on the item...I've found that to be very helpful.
    Happy Jumping!!! Its a great aerobic activity and burns lots of calories!! :bigsmile:
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I use a weighted rope that I bought a while ago for about $10 and then a regular rope that I found at Big Lots for $5.

This is my routine: Jump for 1 minute; Rest for 10 seconds; Sit ups/Crunches/Abwork for 1 minute and repeat at least six times.

Sometimes I break it up and do some pushups instead of sit ups or even do some burpees.

You get a great workout in less than 10 minutes and no gym required!