Sabotage?

Options
Here I am ..within five lbs of my original goal..and I'm wanting to snack and feeling less satisfied. I do really well forever and then I want to just eat junk again at night while watching tv. I've lost over 50 lbs so I know what works.. I also have been patient over all as the weight loss slowed even though I continued to do the right things. I'm NOT going to fall back into the old habits, but it really blows my mind that I'm feeling like I'd like to just let it go as hard as I've worked at this! Anyone else ??

Replies

• k2mexox
    k2mexox Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because you can finally see the end in sight where you can work on just maintaining? Keep going!
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    get rid of fatty snacks. snack on carrots, celery, cucumbets,etc. I have a thing for pastries so I try to minimize calorie dense foods around the house. and of course drink water.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    If your way of living doesn't feel sustainable in the long term, you may want to reconsider how you're approaching this all. Personally, i feel it's alright to have nights to sit and relax and eat conveniently while still managing your weight.

That doesn't become a letting go situation unless you're cutting too deep into the calorie monitoring on a regular basis.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm around 8 lbs until my goal weight and I understand what you mean..

I think, as you are now nearing maintenance and will be able to eat a lot more - you are subconciously starting to crave foods that you pretty much shunned around 30 lbs ago. I've started craving chocolate - but when I was further away from goal, I knew that eating a load of chocolate would delay the process. Now I'm almost there, It's like my brain is saying "Almost done! Now I can EAT!". Be mindful of this attitude because every time I reached goal in the past, I reverted back to bad habits and gained all over again.

Again, it's every thing in moderation - I think that's a lifetime rule really :)
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Protranser wrote: »
    If your way of living doesn't feel sustainable in the long term, you may want to reconsider how you're approaching this all. Personally, i feel it's alright to have nights to sit and relax and eat conveniently while still managing your weight.

That doesn't become a letting go situation unless you're cutting too deep into the calorie monitoring on a regular basis.

I like this, very well said!

If the cravings are really strong, like nagging even when that stuff isn't in the house, it may be a sign that you have been in your deficit too long. When that happens, the body sends craving hormones(not a technical term) to push you to eat more. You're not really craving carbs or fatty food, it's the additional calories the body wants.

I like to prescribe to the 80/20 rule. 80% of what I eat daily is good stuff, but 20% is just stuff that I want to eat. It's mathematical moderation. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    When's the last time you had a diet break?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    swim777 wrote: »
    Here I am ..within five lbs of my original goal..and I'm wanting to snack and feeling less satisfied. I do really well forever and then I want to just eat junk again at night while watching tv. I've lost over 50 lbs so I know what works.. I also have been patient over all as the weight loss slowed even though I continued to do the right things. I'm NOT going to fall back into the old habits, but it really blows my mind that I'm feeling like I'd like to just let it go as hard as I've worked at this! Anyone else ??

Sure, a month ago I hit the weight I was at when I first met my now fiance and that created some sort of mental block. However, as of this week the scale has started to move in the right direction again. I was expecting another mental block in another eight pounds, but hopefully this one will cover both of them, lol.

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Thanks !! I know I can have a few more calories, and it won't hurt. Maintenance is such a mind shift!