Trying to lose weight once again!

Options
I am 18 years old and I am overweight. I feel that my weight has held me back from so many things in life, and I'm ready to change that! I have tried so many diets and exercise plans that I feel almost helpless because I consistently gain it back or stop trying shortly after starting. I hope that this app will help me keep sustainable goal, change my eating habits, and ultimately help get me in shape!
-If you have any tips on how you have lost weight and kept it off I would love you input!

Replies

• keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Follow the daily intake on this program, and it will work....
  • zikarra
    zikarra Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I was where you're at 3-4 months ago and I love food,I'm super lazy and losing weight never worked for me before. Now I'm down 28lb and I'm eating healthier and can judge food a lot better,I'm not starving and I didn't cut out ANY food I like - what tip can I give you? Don't set your goal too high, 1-1.5lb a week is plenty,it will be hard at first but once you see it working you will see that it's worth being patient and you can make very filling meals on the calorie allowance you should get. Getting a scale and weighing is vital ,calories are the basis of your weight loss and you need to know the weight of things to get it right. Is is really that simple? - YES. Nobody will be believe you though because all they know is low carb is the trend,despite for many people it just doesn't work. Don't cut out things you like unless you have to,medically.. learning how to cook yourself helped me a lot - my mum never knew what to cook for me because I'm so picky but then I moved out and learned cooking and now I have a library of recipes for every day and mood and they`re all pretty balanced and natural.

Also,add MFP to your "favorites" bar in your browser so you don't forget to check in. After 2 months I had a pretty good grasp about calories and portions so I stopped tracking but I lost a bit less weight than I wanted to so now I`m tracking again to get to my mini goal.

Best of luck ;)