Intermittent Fasting

Options
I've lost three pounds from a week of IF. Everyday I don't eat between 10am-3pm.
Green, free, easy, and mind clearing! Anyone else go the fasting way?

Replies

• KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about it. Do you eat breakfast before 10 and then nothing until 3?
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You're so thin already. OK, what does this fasting include? I get hungry for dinner, but my bf is out of town, so I don't have a realy motivation to eat or anything at night. But, if I don't eat lunch, I'll pig out at dinner! I already know that about myself!
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    that sounds incredibly difficult for someone who is an intermittent grazer. If i dont eat regularly i get headachy and grumpy.
    How much do you eat before 10 and after 3? Are you still reaching your calorie goals? because if you're not eating enough the loss isnt going to stick around long.
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Its worth trying.
  • phoebefoldi
    phoebefoldi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i've tried eating more in the morning, then less in the afternoon and nothing after 6pm - its working, i loose around 1.5kgs a week!
    I exercise more around the night, and its seems to be working..
  • AnaisInard
    AnaisInard Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat like that too. I eat all my food for the day before 10 am and I don't eat until the next day.
  • AnaisInard
    AnaisInard Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat like that too. I eat all my food for the day before 10 am and I don't eat until the next day.
  • ambersweettt
    Options
    (thanks, haha)

Some people do the "EODF" Every other day fast
    So I would eat dinner Tuesday night, for example, and fast until Wednesday night dinner. This is usually easiest because you wake up and basically 1/3 of the fast is over.
    No, the point of the fast is not to pig out, though it can be a bit challenging at first. You must act like it never happened. Fasting has gotten a bad rep because it's instantly associated with eating disorders.

I eat a regular breakfast, which for me is two fried eggs & grain sprouted bread with vegan butter; "healthy" cereal with soymilk; or home made oatmeal with natural peanut butter with brown sugar. After 3 I usually have a larger snack or snack until dinner, which is generally small compared to most peoples', but hey. I don't burn very many calories, and I'm very petite. Like today my dinner was sweet potato fries and a vegan burger w/out a bun or condiments. And orange juice. But my snack was lots of graham crackers and peanut butter.

The whole goal of fasting, i've found, is to end up needing less calories to do the same amount of daily activites.
    Here are some sites:
    http://www.fitnessthroughfasting.com/
    http://www.fastingweightloss.net/intermittent-fasting-to-lose-weight/
  • ambersweettt
    Options
    Didn't mean to post twice! Whoops
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!