Accidentally Screwing Up

Options
I have to admit I fall off the healthy wagon quite often but how do we recover when we do that? Because giving up on our end goals would be counter intuitive. So how does everyone motivate themselves to get back on the wagon?

Replies

• kirstywillia
    kirstywillia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. Everyone slips up now and again but there's no point dwelling on a bad day, instead just think "I'm going to push myself harder tomorrow to make up for the bad day". Don't forget hun you started working out and eating better for a reason, don't forget why you're on here <3
  • ashleyandbenwedding17
    Options
    I love your post thank you!!!
  • terrifrost
    terrifrost Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I usually try to take it one day at a time. If I screw up, the next day I put it out of my head and focus on staying on track for that day. Then the next day I do the same thing. I think different things work for different people!

I've also set smaller goals and rewards for those working up to somethings big that I really want. So if I lose 2kg I allow myself to buy a new shirt, next 2kgs will be a new dress etc. I use this as motivation to try stay on track on a day to day basis.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    There is no wagon. Log your day and move on :)
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Look at your weekly totals/averages. A one day screw up can be/is corrected by two or more days of behaving. This show up in your weekly calorie total/average.