Calling all Runners!!!

Options
Hello everyone, whatever your goal is, to lose weight, to run a marathon, to getting a faster 5k time. Post here and add me to keep each other motivated!!! :-D

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Hi: Runner, maybe. 60 and doing 4.75 miles at a 12:30 average pace. Walk a quarter, run/jog three quarters, run a quarter... Log in the calories burned as steps off my I-Phone Steps app. Probable low but so what. 40 some years ago was twice as fast. Funny and somewhat depressing to log half splits as if they were mile splits in H.S. But Still Moving Forward.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    newish runner wanting to lose weight and working thru my 10k program and then onto HM training. I would do the full 26.2 but i don't have time for that sort of training. At least, that's what i tell myself
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am an old new runner for about 4 years and want to try my first 1/2 marathon in November. I live in Florida and it's been a hot summer! Been running and feeling my age but E for effort. As of now I need to learn to slow down and go for longer distance.
  • Facha669
    Facha669 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My run today was 10km at 9:02/mile at 5500 feet altitude. I'm training for a fitness test that requires me to pass with a higher pace. I still need to run approximately one minute faster at least.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Used to run and just getting back into it since the summer. Two 5ks done since July, another one next week and then moving to a 10k in November.

Love running when I'm running fit but getting back into it is a killer! However I know what its like to feel wings under my feet as I flow over tough terrain trails and hope to be back to that level by spring.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 44, fairly new to it. In school I would have been voted least likely to run ever, so it's still a surprise to me! I lost 5 stone a few years ago and discovered I quite enjoyed exercise. I started running with a group from my gym in April this year. We run twice a week, normally 5-6k. I did my first 10k in August. Feel free to add me.