50's right around the corner

Options
My 50th birthday is April 2016. The last two years have been extremely stressful for me:
-my daughter was in emergency 5 times in 1.5 months/thank God she is well now.
-I lost my job of 18 years due to a restructuring/still searching for the new opportunity.
-my husband had to have emergency for a heart defect we never new he had. He is struggling with depression which is common of heart patients. Thankfully we have a great doctor to support him.
-my father just passed away from suffering from Parkinson's for over 15 years. We are now watching over my mother of 87. Thankfully she is well.

Through all of this, I have increased my alcohol consumption which has made me gain at least 12 pounds. I'm not looking for sympathy…this is life and I have a lot to be thankful for. I've decided to begin blogging to keep me on track and start moving to a more positive lifestyle for myself and my family. My goal is to lose 25 lbs by April 2016!

Replies

• TigerSunStorm
    TigerSunStorm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 in May. I am sorry for all the bad things that have happened to you and your family. Try to keep reminding yourself of all the good things you have to be thankful for. I have been going through a rough patch too. But I keep thinking of the good things and it helps. And things are looking up for me now. I'm sure things will get better for you too.
  • shelby5711
    shelby5711 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow well you have a lot of trial going on for your strength to shine through! Kudos to you for choosing your goals! Feel free to add me s a friend on here if you'd like. I'm 52 and been on a "better lifestyle" for the last 8 years or so.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I admire your goals through all of that. I'm 53 and need to kick it in a little myself. Feel free to add.